Looking to buy a cargo trailer

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey cool....looking at the Route 66 motif....I've been to the actual 'Trails West' motel and bar that was in Tucumcari NM...that was WAAY back in the day....somewhere I have pictures...print pictures!....I'll scan and post them if I can find them.

tx2sturgis said:
Hey cool....looking at the Route 66 motif....I've been to the actual 'Trails West' motel and bar that was in Tucumcari NM...that was WAAY back in the day....somewhere I have pictures...print pictures!....I'll scan and post them if I can find them.

Thanks for the kudos.  I have been involved with Route 66 since 1996.  I have walked it all from Chicago to Santa Monica and have won awards for my promotions.  And now that I am retired it felt like the thing to do with my retirement.   :D

Cammalu said:
Looks like your happy place. Congrats [emoji106]

Thanks.  It really is.  I've put a lot of time and energy into this van and my purpose for it and it is my home.   :D

tx2sturgis said:

I would love to see the pics.  Hope you can find them!  Back when I started all this I took motorcycle trips from Arkansas to Tucumcari just to spend the night at the Blue Swallow back when the original owner was still alive.  I even still have the receipts from those trips...$15.00 a night at the Blue Swallow!