ATV as your other vehicle

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a small lock on it if you don't want it to grow legs. Easy peasy.
Im interested how to hang a lock on a flat tag and mirror stem. Im thinking a short gun cable lock will probably work once i get the tag laminated onto the aluminum plate.

I think you can get handicap motorcycle license tags in most states. I've seen them in Michigan.

Thats a possibility, though Im not sure I want a plate or not, and its of course limited to one vehicle. The hang tag is mobile. I may want to use it on another bike. I dont always need my handicap parking tag, I try to avoid using it if i dont have to, but when i do, i really do.

Just put it in the spokes so it makes that cool sound. Oops, I accidentally hit the button on my way back machine.

It already makes a cool sound, so thats covered. Its going to be my camp area tool-around machine, short trips to town, and dirt road exploring machine. Same general concept as the thread topic, just a little different than some approach the subject.

R detail.jpg

If I thought I could hold my bike up at a stop sign this would be what I'd be hauling in the trailer. Danged embarrassing when you drop your bike.

Conway Arkansas 1973, at a stop light, behind a Joy Bus (church bus) looked up to see a large female ass pressed against and filling the entire lower emergency door window. Got to laughing so hard I dropped my extended bike on my leg. Couple of guys standing on the corner helped pull it off me as the bus pulled away! Lol!!! Was laughing so hard I could hardly get the breath to thank them.

It already makes a cool sound, so thats covered. Its going to be my camp area tool-around machine, short trips to town, and dirt road exploring machine. Same general concept as the thread topic, just a little different than some approach the subject.

View attachment 33978
I've seriously been considering a side-car/motorcycle combo. Different drum an all, ya know.

If I thought I could hold my bike up at a stop sign this would be what I'd be hauling in the trailer. Danged embarrassing when you drop your bike.

Indeed. Thats part of why I got the sidecar, though being able to take the dog was also a significant factor, and all the junk you can take in a sidecar....

Indeed. Thats part of why I got the sidecar, though being able to take the dog was also a significant factor, and all the junk you can take in a sidecar....
But can you lean in the twisties?
I've had folks suggest a trike but if I can't lean in the curves I might as well have 4 wheels and air conditioning 😉😂

But can you lean in the twisties?
I've had folks suggest a trike but if I can't lean in the curves I might as well have 4 wheels and air conditioning 😉😂

No, you cant lean in the twisties. They drive and handle completely different than a bike. After considering all the options, I chose a sidecar over a trike for many reasons. Cargo capacity, dog/human passenger capacity, history, fun and cool factors (completely subjective) But trikes dont lean either. For me, the upsides of sidecars far outweighed any perceived downsides. That of course is something everyone has to decide for themselves.

Its still a far different experience than riding in a 4 wheel vehicle. I certainly like driving my 4runner, but riding the bike with sidecar is a lot of fun, Im really looking forward to exploring N Az again on it when I can get back there.

Ara spent 10 years riding all over the west in the summers with his dog Spirit, one video mentioned 325,000 miles. Hes got lots of fun videos of them roaming. Hes sort of my adventure riding hero.