I'm not new, but...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One Awesome Inch

Reaction score
I have been mostly lurking for the last month or so. I originally come here for knowledge about vandwelling as a escape plan for a failing marriage. Well, last May things got better as we had a break through of sorts, but fast forward to the present and things are mediocre at best. We are basically treading water and may do so until our kids grow up... unless things take a turn for the worst before then. That could certainly happen.

Anyway, I have to come to realize that this lifestyle fascinates me and even if things continue to be "okay" I just like "vandwelling" as a topic to be studied. That said, I will likely post a few questions now and then... and not just lurk.

Thanks!

Hi, UnityGain! glad you found your way back.

Lurkers are always welcome!

But be careful, if you stare into the flame for too long, you may catch fire!

“I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.”

― Jack London

Welcome back (?) Unity Gain. I don't know your specifics, but maybe weekend trips in a van is still a possibility for you while you are pinned in one location?

I would love to do that, but alas finances dictate otherwise. Got a mortgage, car, and family to support. In the meantime I'll have to live vicariously through you guys. :)

Mortgage? Family? Support??? Sorry, don't know the meaning of those words. ;-)

Unity Gain,

I really admire you for putting your children first. That can't always be easy. It's good to have dream in difficult times, specially one that will be so easily achieved in due time.

I don't want to highjack your thread but I have a side note for Van Tramp - I've been trying to comment on your blog to wish you speedy recovery but for some reason I can't. So here it is. I hope you can move around more and that the pain is a thing of the past. Take care.

Nicole

I'm in a similar boat as Unity but there are no children. I've spent a fair amount of time researching the feasibility of Vandwelling (for me personally) as my "next step" plan. I'm confident I could do it, my hesitations are doing it unnoticed. My job locks me into a limited geographic area that probably isn't very friendly to Vandwellers (although I'll admit that since I started researching this topic, I've noticed more and more people living in vans and RVs that I probably otherwise would have.)

I have a pretty good plan, right down to the type of vehicle I think would work best for me. For now I'll have to live vicariously through everyone else. Should I decide to take that big step, I'll be happy to share :)

Latest posts