I met these people today.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidat202

Reaction score
I met Peter and sandra today. <br />They took a year off from their lives to travel. They started in baltimore, went across canada and now they are here at walmart.<br />They are continuing to the oregon coast, to yellowstone, then into utah. Then into mexico and south america.<br />He said the truck get 10MPG on the highway and about 8 offroading.<br />He also told me, a guy is planning to make amovie about their trip.<br /><br />They have a website <a href="http://www.sanenpe.nl/">www.sanenpe.nl</a>

I wonder if they plan on actually trying to cross the Darien Gap with it into Columbia or will catch a ferry from Panama?<br /><br />

They don't get much privacy. He said people come up to them all the time.<br />There are people around them right now. They were parked for about 45 minute when I went over and there were 4 before me.<br /><br />For people who think we are crazy for living this way. They sure seem interested.

Thanks for that Sid....very cool rig and folks. I like that they have the web addie on the side of the truck...all they have to do when someone is bugging them is point at it and close the door...LOL<br />Bri

<span id="post_message_1274659282"><strong>wonder what the gas mileage is ....blkjak</strong></span>
<br /><br />It is in the original post Blkjak...<br /><br />
<span id="post_message_1274653888">I wonder if they plan on actually trying to cross the Darien Gap with it into Columbia or will catch a ferry from Panama?</span>
<br /><br />Have you read much about the Darien Gap? If not, "Obsessions Die Hard" about Ed Culberson's crossing it with his moto is an amazing read...<br /><br />They will ship, I can pretty much guarantee that....most vehicles that have made the trip were backed by a vehicle manufacturer's money and huge expedition with lots of local labor. Apparently there is an old Chevrolet Corvair there from one of the first expeditions and a couple Tote-Gotes that never made it....<br />Bri

bk2valve said:
Have you read much about the Darien Gap? If not, "Obsessions Die Hard" about Ed Culberson's crossing it with his moto is an amazing read...
<br /><br />I have, but I've heard more about it from one of my cousins. He moved to Pamana from Peru over a decade ago and has been there several times. I think he even has a pic of the Corvair. I vaguely recall him showing me it from one of his excursions there. He told me about it because of my obsession with Col Percy Fawcett's expedition into the Mato Grosso.<br /><br />

<span id="post_message_1274659588">He told me about it because of my obsession with Col Percy Fawcett's expedition into the Mato Grosso.</span>
<br /><br />You have untapped secrets and they are leaking out young fellow...very cool stuff....I think it is your Khan genes...<br />Bri

Well, They are on their way this morning. I felt kinda sad to see them go, and I don't even know them.<br />Maybe it's because they are leaving and I'm not.

Each of us has their time Sid. &nbsp;Yours will come, as well.

Coming from a guy who thinks a UniMog is the end-all-be-all, I gotta say that rig is drop dead sexy!

<span id="post_message_1274665942">Coming from a guy who thinks a UniMog is the end-all-be-all, I gotta say that rig is drop dead sexy!</span>
<br /><br />Me too Paddling Man.....<br />Bri

Man - I thought our Panserbjorn was huge! Picked up a few neat packing tips from the photos though - thanks for posting them.