How difficult would it be to convert a large ceramic bowl into a sink?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patty, I forgot to say, that is a very beautiful bowl!

Weight said:
...  I made a wet sink from a stainless steel sheet pan, like used in commercial kitchens.  It is about 2 or 3 inches deep.  Drilled a hole and fitted a bar sink drain assembly.  I use an enameled wash basin sitting in the sheet pan.  I can dump it over into the sheet pan to drain the water.

Interesting compromise. Are you happy with the way that it works so far?

----------

Patty, and I forgot to say that, on the other hand, your bowl would probably make a much more attractive sink than my stainless steel bar sink. Some people can take a long time to meticulously add each individual item to their build-out. In my case, I was building a "house" that I needed to live in at the time I was building, so many of my "like to have" ideas fell by the wayside in deference to practicality.

Tom

^^ me too!
things gotta be tough to survive in my world as it is, doubly so when I have it all bouncing down the road.

The only thing I would change on my wet sink, is to have the drain in a back corner rather than centered as i have it. The problem with a drilled hole for a drain. The metal of the drain will be a bit above the bottom of whatever you drill. Sinks you buy have a recess to make the bottom smooth.

yeah that baby looks like it would sting a bit if it hit you in the back of the head

Any info on the pump lever faucets that siphon from a water jug?  I have a sink and cabinet found at a habitat restore but idk where to look for the faucet

I've not liked the lever pump faucets I've seen...just not enough flow for me.  I got one of these.
Marine grade and draws water up and pumps really well.

Pricy but works like a champ!