Girls room, beginning to prepare

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaxtonsgram

Reaction score
Hi, it's been quiet here. This may not be exciting for many of you but for me it's big. I am starting my first job in 25 years on Wednesday.  I'll be cleaning rooms in a b&b. I mainly need experience and references so I can work some on the road. I really would like to work in Alaska some summer. I am hoping to get some kitchen experience as well since they also have a nice restaurant. 
I've also been going through stuff and trying to get rid of things. I know the next year and a half seems like plenty of time but I know it'll go quicker than I think. 
Thanks for listening.
Nora

I'm excited for you, Nora! Is hard to get rid of our things or areyou feeling more free with every thing that goes.

I love getting rid of stuff now. Even the few precious things I have left. When I find the right home for something I get so excited to get onemore thing gone. I don't have much either. Everything I owned fit in my Class C. Now it has to fit in my van.

So far I've been getting rid of extra and unused things so it hasn't been hard. I'm hoping to sell the house furnished so I don't have to deal with that. It's amazing how many things I have extra of just in case. (Like 2 toasters). My plan is to go through stuff this winter. By next summer well be busy working on the motorhome so I want most things gone by spring.
Nora

Onward and upward, Nora!

You'll never be condemned for knowing how to do too many things. Here's wishing you the best of luck as move along in life.

Sue

Sounds great, Nora, really happy for you!

I've been in purge mode for a few years, mostly downsizing from a bigger house to successively smaller apartments. Just yesterday I FINALLY started getting rid of tools. My dad was a carpenter so I got a lot of his stuff, that I never use since I don't own a home anymore. I also used to own a lot of BMW motorcycles so I have a complete set of metric tools that I don't use anymore. Passed it all along to a young family I know; they just bought a home, so now they are where they can be well used.