Full timing in the West Fall 2016

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
highdesertranger said:
dang Yogi you are getting around.  go girl.  highdesertranger

My mom was a major traveler, swear to god she had us peeing in a coffee can as small children, rolling down the road in a bare ford van with cots stacked on top of each other! It is all coming back to me. Trying to discover a loop around us I can do each year, visiting kids:)

What comes to mind right now is "the most rewarding things are not always the easiest". The last two weeks have been this way. Feel very happy and satisfied that as a group, we were able to accommodate everyone help everyone to really think on what is best for them, and support each other. No small task when people futures are at stake. Went and ate at Mexican restaurant to celebrate friendship. Most excellant. Now to new mexico for more adventure, cold spell coming after adjusting to 95 last week now it is going to be 50 one day

I think we got good plan going that works for all Chris and I are forging on to new mexico bigbend then padre.

Socorro new mexico

Really nice day driving with my new travel partner. Super easy, no hassles, we could make decisions quickly. This is the way to do it, have someone to share things with but not in the same vehicle! Works out much easier. Left Winslow down 40 to back road around Albuquerque to 25. Tomorrow will be really pretty elephant butte truth or consequences. Going to white sands Chris was in air force and stationed around there. Will camo. Phonedoesnt hardly take pics worth posting. But did. Stop here

Attachments

• IMG_20160925_112119.jpg
    IMG_20160925_112119.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Got Aliner to Bob's after dark on Friday running with flashers only on Aliner.  Set it up Sat for Leo to verify Vin #.  In case anyone wants to know it's not as EZ as it looks in the Videos.  When I finally said *&(%$#&* and got a 6 step ladder & stood on 3rd step I told That Aliner    :mad:  "THIS IS IT...... YOUR GOING UP OR BURNING DOWN".  

Queenie had already retreated to a shade tree.  Cussin' makes her nervous, she thinks she's in trouble when I raise my voice.  It's mainly a matter of leverage and I'm to short to push high enough to get the roof pieces up far enough to support each other without standing on a ladder.  I went from standing in the trailer to a 2 step stool to a 6 step ladder before I got it up but I did it by myself which was the whole point of the Aliner in the first place.    A  4 or 5 step ladder going on the need list.

I hope you get to North FL this fall/winter or here in LA.{lower AL }  Maybe we can meet up somewhere and Queenie might not try to taste test Thea.  At least with Aliner I'll have somewhere she can chill out when others are around.

I envy you guy's freedom to roam at will.

Happy Travels             Jewellann

U know me , what is aliner? A camper?

I may be coming your way after rtr, wait to go back up 75 for summer. May do Florida next winter, so easy!

How far are u from padre? 

I will make it a priority to come see u if vehicle shouldn't attempt rtr.

Ive given this winter to meeting people, making an effort, something I usually don't do, if we all can't stand each other after this year, back to the mountain to mediate resuming my self imposed isolation :)

Roaming at will is very nice:) it is also alot of unknown unexpected. So glad to have people like u to share it with. Thea and I will always help u escape!

I've heard of the Owl bar from members on another forum, and they also recomend the green chili cheeseburgers as strongly as Queen

Yogidog said:
U know me , what is aliner? A camper?
Aliner IS A HARD SIDE POPUP CAMPER/T.T.   THE ONE I TRADED FOR HAS AC & 3 WAY FRIG. & 3 BURNER GAS COOK TOP & SINK WITH COLD WATER & MICRO WAVE    COUCH THAT MAKES KING SIZE BED WHICH WILL BECOME TWIN WITH GOOD MATTRESS   IT HAS MARINE HOUSE BATTERY AND INVERTER? OR CONVERTER?  I GET CONFUSED ON THE 2 OF THEM  
       THERE IS ENOUGH SPACE THAT 1 PERSON CAN HAVE TWIN COUCH/BED & ANOTHER CAN HAVE TWIN AIR MATTRESS OR COUCH CUSHIONS ON THE FLOOR  WHEN CLOSING FOR TRAVEL/STORAGE EVERYTHING MUST BE BELOW COUNTER TOPS.
        RANGER NEEDS TOPPER OF SOME SORT SO EVERYTHING FOR LONG TERM USE WILL FIT IN IT     CHAIRS   TOOLS    LADDER     B-B-Q   SEASONAL CLOTHES CLEANING SUPPLIES   ETC

IF YOU GOOGLE Aliner IT WILL TELL YOU ABOUT THE FAMILY THAT STARTED THEM IN THE 1970s NOW MANUFACTURED BY NORTHWESTERN IN PA   THEY EVEN COME IN MOTORCYCLE PULLING SIZE!

How far are u from padre? 
I AM IN S.E AL  LESS THAN 40 MILES N. OF FL AND LESS THAN 60 E. OF GA
ABOUT 1,000 MILES FROM S. PADRE

I will make it a priority to come see u if vehicle shouldn't attempt rtr.
IF THINGS FALL INTO PLACE I WILL BE AT NEXT RTR  I HAVE A LOT TO DO BEFORE I ATTEMPT A LONG TRIP  I THINK RTR NEARLY 2,500 FROM ME   I USED TO DRIVE 1,000 MILES A DAY, NOW 500 IS PUSHING IT/ME

Roaming at will is very nice:) it is also a lot of unknown unexpected. So glad to have people like u to share it with. Thea and I will always help u escape!
*********************************************************************************
:D THANK YOU      YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION TO GET ME UP AND MOVING ON SOME DAYS!

JEWELLANN

I looked hard at the Aliners, but concluded I needed more room
Mostly it was the sloped ceiling over the bed, and the ones with the dormers are way more expensive
Great little campers though

Almost to mexico

Attachments

• IMG_20160926_120634.jpg
    IMG_20160926_120634.jpg
    946.8 KB · Views: 21
michele0203 said:
It's fun living vicariously through your travels yogi dog!

What is really excellant, is u all get to choose which ones to live through:) just went through two days of little sleep hell because we could not have known until we got through a huge mountain pass, untold other obstacles that we would not be able to tow a trailer in to camp and sleep. Aggghhh! So not good to be over tired on road

This kind of thing can likely be avoided by more research, but it still happens. Also if people stay put it happens less.  But we are still here to tell about it. 

As always saw and experienced alot saw white sands new mexico soccorro box canyon the lights mexico

Attachments

• IMG_20160926_161523.jpg
    IMG_20160926_161523.jpg
    935.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20160926_161853.jpg
    IMG_20160926_161853.jpg
    936.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20160926_183759.jpg
    IMG_20160926_183759.jpg
    801.3 KB · Views: 18
I need to be mindful of people's data and not hit reply button so sorry if responding to u guys gets confused. Queen I saw adetisments for the owl I love dumpy bar restaurant food. Wish I had read this. Did get a really good green chili burger at phillips 66 outside soccorro. Wish I could post good pics for u!

Tjaybird when I need inspiration driving some days I have pretended u and Queenie are with me and we are having a blast. Hope u guys like Kid Rock!

Snset a Texas rest stop. South Texas is beautiful! I didn't know

Attachments

• IMG_20160927_192548.jpg
    IMG_20160927_192548.jpg
    798.6 KB · Views: 11
If you get into a grocery store, they sell green chilis in little tubs, I put them in and on everything (except ice cream), great flavor booster!

Glad you're still having a ball out there!

Queen said:
If you get into a grocery store, they sell green chilis in little tubs, I put them in and on everything (except ice cream), great flavor booster!

Glad you're still having a ball out there!

They are delicious:) if u and your wife wanted to camp this summer u should think about coming up and camping by me in northern Michigan:)

Padre island is all it is said to be. Laid back talked with ranger, camp host and volutteer who is a marine biologist to get the lo down. Their are alerts about red tide and if worried about animals or respitory stuff should read. A abandoned car and some " illegals" situation. Is dark and remote.

That said perfect for me and dog! Love it swimming, learning. More detailed description to come with help of Mindy lee:) probably next week though I don't have internet or cell reception out there. For me this is a good thing once in awhile. Make sure I am talking to people face to face and be present. 

Have walk scheduled with volunteer who did " deck talk " today learned about all this crazy sea life. There is a shark catching competion this weekend. Dog and I are making friends with sand crabs they are so cute.

No more vacation time for her after the move back to IL, but with any luck we'll find each other next summer out in the west someplace!!

Still out here, still going well, dog and I are deciding if we should become mermaids!

No cell or internet here

Hope all is well on most of the mainland. Praying for beloved florida

There are so many faces to the state of Texas....
Don't forget to get out of Padre before spring break !