Favorite place(s) to spend the fall?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peacetara

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!

Fall is approaching (a month away), and I thought it would be fun to talk about everyone's favorite areas to spend time in the fall. You can be as specific or as general as you wish!

I'm really curious as this fall I'm still not sure where I want to be, so I'm taking suggestions! :)

Personally I'm really only interested in boon docking places, but I don't want to limit this post to only boon docking places.

With Love,
Tara

P.S. Where to be in the Winter is easy, the RTR!

My favorite places in the fall:

1) Sedona AZ after it cools off enough
2) Colorado for fall colors--winter comes early!
3) Moab, UT: I love, love, love Moab in the fall
4) Zion NP Great fall colors, crowds are gone, the shuttle stops running and you can drive into the valley
5) New England and Blue Ridge Parkway--But they come with the East so it's not worth it to me.

Bob

Being in the east I have to say the Blueridge pkwy. I took a bike trip up there in mid October, 5 years ago, and on top of Mt Mitchell it was a chilly 22 degrees. But otherwise quite comfortable. Camped out in the the NP Campsites. It's about time for another road trip. Last one was 5 years ago before I started a job in Tallahassee. Now that I'm retired I can go anytime.

The nice thing about a bike is you have it easier rubbernecking. A normal 12' lane is like driving down an airport runway, easy to stay on the road while site seeing.

Time to service the bike. :)

New England, New Hampshire, Maine, and Vermont are my favorites. The Poconos in PA were gorgeous last year and the color lasted for weeks. I second the Blue ridge Parkway too though it's been many years since I've been there.

The Gorge in Vermont!!!.....its the grand canyon of the north!!!......great foliage , balloon festival...and tons of boondocking in the NF...its my last stop every year before heading for the Blue ridge on my way south

Taking the scenic route, headed west and south, out of New England

there's a campground in Southern Oregon called Indian Mary, which is right on the Rogue River.
It fills of with photography buffs from all over, just for the shear beauty of it all!!
(I'm gonna take the wife there again this year. She loves it there!) :dodgy:

Altho, I've been through the Adirondacks and Northern Vermont in the fall, and that took my breath away!!

I will second the Rocky's in CO and Zion in Utah. Two of the best places to see he fall colors. Zion will be easier on the overnight temps though.