Fan won't run on 27.5 Volt LI battery...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zirx

Reaction score
New to the game. I toot on a build for my own adventure and can't really find out what I need to know about the battery I have. It's a lithium ion, built form me by a local solar enthusiast. It reads 27.5 volts just sitting there.

Do I have to step that down somehow to run 12 volt things? Reason I ask, is the Maxxair fan I have won't run on it, but it runs fine on a standard liq. acid 12 V bat I had lying around.

The led lights I installed seem to work fine with the LI battery...

Any help/ideas...am I just being dumb and not knowing a standard component? The charge controller is reading A-OK and my inverter is working fine. It's just the fan.

thanks

The battery is probably set up to be nominally for a 24 volt system would be my guess. Yes you will have to modify your battery or system to run 12 volt appliances. I wouldn’t be surprised if it burned up or damaged your fan if it was hooked up directly. Be very careful not to short out lithium batteries.

fan still works...on a 12 volt system...hmmmmmm. I wonder what the coponent is that steps it down.

Latest posts