Creating Community While on the Road

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpopma89

Reaction score
Hi! I’m considering buying an overland rig and setting off on an adventure throughout the United States. I’ve suffered some serious life events over th last 3 years and I’ve lost touch with the better parts of life. I’m hoping that an overland trip would help reconnect me with hope and enthusiasm and a sense of vitality for life that I’ve lost. My primary concern is that such a trip would be isolating and I’m wondering if anyone here has good ideas on how i could make such a trip as social as possible? I’d love to meet new people and have meaningful connections. Any thoughts or ideas or encouragements anyone has would be much appreciated, thanks so much!!

The HOWA caravans and a visit to Quartzsite where many groups meet up in winter. Escapees club has several such groups. Welcome!

If you have any interests or hobbies you can check out events and gatherings in that space. You can meet folks with some similar interests and have talking points built in. And the are many you can choose from as you travel.

If you want something different than that, some have made a point to go to all national parks. Others baseball parks. Or other landmarks. Others want to stay in a spot like quartzite for a while, or visit the rtr.

Tons of options out there. Maybe make a list and roll dice on what the next stop will be. It's an adventure. Make it fun.

Hi! I’m considering buying an overland rig and setting off on an adventure throughout the United States. I’ve suffered some serious life events over th last 3 years and I’ve lost touch with the better parts of life. I’m hoping that an overland trip would help reconnect me with hope and enthusiasm and a sense of vitality for life that I’ve lost. My primary concern is that such a trip would be isolating and I’m wondering if anyone here has good ideas on how i could make such a trip as social as possible? I’d love to meet new people and have meaningful connections. Any thoughts or ideas or encouragements anyone has would be much appreciated, thanks so much!!
Welcome rpopma89. I replied to your post earlier, but my post poofed. I suggested that you visit TacomaWorld Forum, since you like overlanding. Can't tell how old you are, but they have a 50+ forum there.