Nomadic Community

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpopma89

Reaction score
I'm considering buying an overland vehicle and doing a US trip for about a year. I've suffered through some serious hardship the last 3 years and I'm looking to reconnect with life and everything it has to offer. I'd love to know how to do such a trip in a social way. I big part of this would be meeting be people and connecting, I'm looking for human connection as much as those solitary moments in nature. Any advice or suggestions?

Try facebook for some overlanding travel groups. Or the overlanding forum groups. The closer you narrow the search the easier it will be to connect to special interest focused campers that are a good match for a similar travel path.

Last edited:
Participate in this forum! Many of us meet up in real life.

If you like FaceBook, there are many groups there. Do you like yoga? There's at least one FB group for nomadic yogis. Do you like a particular area of the country? There's probably a group of camper/travelers for that area.

I'm not a huge fan of FB, and yet I probably belong to a good 20 or so FB nomadic groups. But I like the forum format better.

I'm considering buying an overland vehicle and doing a US trip for about a year. I've suffered through some serious hardship the last 3 years and I'm looking to reconnect with life and everything it has to offer. I'd love to know how to do such a trip in a social way. I big part of this would be meeting be people and connecting, I'm looking for human connection as much as those solitary moments in nature. Any advice or suggestions?
TacomaWorld Forum is about overlanding and they have a Forum for 50+. I haven't checked out the 50+ forum, but I like the site for information.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/
Edit: sorry if you are well under 50. I can't tell from your picture:) Bad eyes.