Corona, What’s Next?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
crofter said:
I have noticed that some who publicly opposed social distancing have also died of covid.  The protesters think they are super tough, or just don't care. Check in with the protesters in a month and see how many are left.

A good safe protest would be to call or write to your elected representative. 

-crofter

What would the message in such a communication?  Let me take my chances (and who cares about the people I infect)?  Thanks for trying to keep us safe?
I assume everybody has or might have covid-19 and try to protect myself.  Some states are reopening too soon and I expect the death rates in those states to begin increasing in two or three weeks.  How about  The US just reported its deadliest day for coronavirus patients as states reopen, according to WHO ?

The Navajo nation has some of the highest per capita rates. I’d stay out of the border towns, including Flag and Cortez. Gallup has been shut down hard, but the thread I read was a bit hyperbolic.

I’m currently in far western Colorado in Montrose County and it’s starting to loosen up. Most of the plates, but not all, are Colorado.

slow2day said:
Colorado has over 10 times as many tourists as South Carolina each year. Much more chance of spread in the early days and before lockdown.

Crested Butte and other areas were hard hit probably because of so many out-of-state and international visitors at the ski areas.

They are hoping to open the ski areas May 23rd, which is pretty much how they’ve been regulating the warmer tourist spots as well.

SLB_SA said:
What would the message in such a communication?  Let me take my chances (and who cares about the people I infect)?  Thanks for trying to keep us safe?
I assume everybody has or might have covid-19 and try to protect myself.  Some states are reopening too soon and I expect the death rates in those states to begin increasing in two or three weeks.  How about  The US just reported its deadliest day for coronavirus patients as states reopen, according to WHO ?

That's step one. Step two is to assume that you are an asymptomatic carrier, and try to protect others.

Ticklebellly said:
Regarding the filing of Law Suits in the USA against China and whether any court has jurisdiction to hear such lawsuits   -"[font=graphik, Arial, sans-serif]A legal doctrine called sovereign immunity offers foreign governments broad protection from being sued in U.S. courts, said Tom Ginsburg, a professor of international law at the University of Chicago, said to Reuters. "[/font]

[font=graphik, Arial, sans-serif]Apparently[/font][font=graphik, Arial, sans-serif], the filings are political in their purpose so no further discussion on that point.[/font]

There’s a legal theory regarding universal jurisdiction if crimes against humanity are involved.

Not sure why no ones Is suing the president seems there is an obvious case there. Plenty of evidence of reckless endangerment.

flying kurbmaster said:
Not sure why no ones Is suing the president seems there is an obvious case there. Plenty of evidence of reckless endangerment.

What would you sue the president for?  He has done all the constitution allows him to do: advise.
The 10th amendment leaves the responsibility and authority for public health to the states.
So any suits will be against individual governors (and I expect some).

Thanks for mentioning the 10th amendment! I wish more people understood and honored it. Everything not specifically mentioned in the US Constitution should be left to the states to make laws about.

I have so much I'd like to say but will not break the rules and express my political opinion. If every one of us (the entire nation) could put political concerns and biases aside dealing with these problems (virus and economy) would be so much simpler and better. For the 2016 primaries and election I hung a sign in my business that said "no politics spoken here - there is not nor has there ever been a politician worth losing a friend." I say the same goes for me and my friends (all of You) in this forum.

Politics has nothing to do with politicians or who you vote for. Everybody is your friend until you get to know them and how they treat others.

Spaceman Spiff said:
What would you sue the president for?  He has done all the constitution allows him to do: advise.

There's your answer flyingkurbmaster.  His job is to give out helpful advice during a national crisis but what he has delivered has mostly been not very helpful. Like saying early on that it was no big deal and not to worry (i.e. advice not to take precautions) because it was 'under control'.

Some of the advice has been spectacularly stupid and if anyone followed it they would end up dead. Then there's the advice he gave to citizens of certain states that they should be 'liberated'. That advice was just adding to general unrest that could have (and might yet) result in violence. He said this even though these states were continuing lockdowns on a schedule dictated by federal guidelines.

As far as lawsuits against governors go, it will be interesting to see who gets sued and for what reasons. Opening a state too early or too late. Either could be bad.

And hey, this isn't 'political' at all. It's just stating facts.

Whats next after the Corona virus? Well hopefully a world that is better prepared to deal with the next potential pandemic.

I do not think that Governor Cuomo should be sued - I believe he should be arrested for murder of hundreds of elderly by sending covid 19 pts to nursing homes instead of using several hospitals build in NY by the feds. Also he and the mayor of NY city and Nancy P for their encouraging people to visit theatres and restaurants when they were not safe. I am not a TRUMPitor but when he shut down the air traffic to and from China he was ridiculed as a racist and fear monger and those same accusers are now saying he should have done more sooner. Really they can not both be true. Like others here I only want to speak the truth and what I just said I can document.

There will be plenty of blame to pass around.

It's a sad situation all around.

If you're going to prosecute Cuomo, let's also follow up on all the people who are ignoring social distancing and either have or will infect someone else. Including grandparents in nursing homes.

Maybe,just maybe,if we had leaders that vigorously pushed that policy and set good examples, we would have more people following the guidelines.

Since when did most Americans stop taking responsibility for their actions, especially when those actions affect others? Since when do individual freedoms take priority over everyone else's freedom. Wish someone would have let my local draft board know how important my individual freedoms were in 1969 when I was drafted. The pandemic is a national emergency which the current president has declared a war and has forced state governors to lead the battle against it. Fortunately a few have been able to inspire the majority of the people they represent to help. Sadly many have I believe let politics, personal gain, feelings and emotion overrule science, data(what little we have due to the situation of lack of prepared number of tests} and guidelines from experts. Few states that are open have met the federal guidelines required to even begin opening with any chance of success. The lack of leadership on a national level from the president, congress and courts as well as many states has and will result in many deaths. All we can do as individuals is protect ourselves and any others we come into contact with.

slow2day said:
That advice was just adding to general unrest that could have (and might yet) result in violence. 
And hey, this isn't 'political' at all. It's just stating facts.
Speaking of protests, no one is allowed to take a gun into schools how in the world is it legal to take arms into a state legislator. That must have been super scary for those politicians, has anyone been charged?.

Status
Not open for further replies.