Transit connect high top - does this actually exist?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebarefootbadger

Reaction score
I have been watching Lady Bugout videos about her van life. She lives in a "high top transit connect". Someone said that she is 5'8" and her interior van height is 64". I'm pretty sure this is correct, when she's standing next to it, it appears to be about 6" taller than she is (on the outside).

I'm 5'1", this would be SO perfect for me, a mini camper I can actually stand in.

My issue is that I simply cannot find any reference anywhere to a Transit Connect high top and every one I see appears to be much shorter than this - they have a rear cargo height of about 45". Not 64", not even close. Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a TC high top, or whether hers must be a custom van probably hacked by Fiberine? I might be willing to do that if the price wasn't heartbreaking, but I'd want a guarantee that the 12" Fiberine top would allow me to stand up. No way I'm paying through the nose for that unless I can, and I certainly don't want that horrendous thing that makes me think they strapped a porpoise to the roof!

Did you try contacting LadyBug Out?

Last edited:
lol!!! I stapped a blow up klller whale on the hood of a friends race car once as it was steering poorly and needed a suspension adjustment. Car was black and white and the whale matched perfectly! He took the hint and did well in the next race. Make the call simple solutions are often best!

I have been watching Lady Bugout videos about her van life. She lives in a "high top transit connect". Someone said that she is 5'8" and her interior van height is 64". I'm pretty sure this is correct, when she's standing next to it, it appears to be about 6" taller than she is (on the outside).

I'm 5'1", this would be SO perfect for me, a mini camper I can actually stand in.

My issue is that I simply cannot find any reference anywhere to a Transit Connect high top and every one I see appears to be much shorter than this - they have a rear cargo height of about 45". Not 64", not even close. Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a TC high top, or whether hers must be a custom van probably hacked by Fiberine? I might be willing to do that if the price wasn't heartbreaking, but I'd want a guarantee that the 12" Fiberine top would allow me to stand up. No way I'm paying through the nose for that unless I can, and I certainly don't want that horrendous thing that makes me think they strapped a porpoise to the roof!
They used to make them. Maybe they still do. Thought you would like to read about this conversion and their thoughts on the transit connect:

https://adventuresomehomesteader.com/van-to-campervan-conversion/

Edit: Here they posted specs...

https://adventuresomehomesteader.com/how-to-find-the-best-camper-van/

Last edited:
You may want to consider the Promaster 118" wheelbase. It's very agile, probably comparable to the Transit Connect. It's a low roof, but tall enough for you to stand up in. Although it may be a larger vehicle than you prefer, it's a wiser option than adding an expensive after market top to a discontinued vehicle.

Having owned a transit connect in the past, I was informed that that some models prior to 2016 where taller than they are today.......but I'm not sure they would have been called a high top. I have a transit high top now and its over 72" inside. Inside height of 64 would be more like a mid top at best. There are companies that install higher tops on the standard transit connects, I looked into getting mine raised but found they would not be high enough for me.

Yes there is such a thing as a TC hightop! However,....LOL. the TC itself is no longer being produced. You will have to buy a used one. I saw a lady at the Farmers market sporting o Long wheel based Ford Transit Connect and she was standing up full height in it. Boy was I jealous.. LOL again.

I found an older Sprinter standard top - interior height is about 64". Yesssss!!!!! Of course I'm now going to be calculating gallons per mile instead of the other way around, but I'm moving forward again. 😁

I found an older Sprinter standard top - interior height is about 64". Yesssss!!!!! Of course I'm now going to be calculating gallons per mile instead of the other way around, but I'm moving forward again. 😁
Congratulations on your new home for the road!