Coolworks

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Day Dreamer

Reaction score
Anybody here ever land a job through the Coolworks website? There are some really interesting jobs there.

Almost anybody that works for Aramark or any of the major concessionaires in the national parks finds the human resources for them through coolworks.com. I know many who have. It is more of a place to look and get info on jobs as well as contact info than a placement service.

I had at least 8 job offers from the Coolworks website. I'm currently living in Bryce Canyon Utah as a seasonal worker. I'm the first car camper ever up here. I got the job off of Coolworks.

That's great!! What are your "qualifications", if you don't mind me asking?

Do you think places will hire someone from states away? It seems most places want to hire someone that's already physically nearby.

Day Dreamer said:
Do you think places will hire someone from states away? It seems most places want to hire someone that's already physically nearby.

Probably not a problem as long as you pay your own way there. In this economy there are a lot of jobs that are going unfilled.

If you find a job that offers housing (usually at a cost to you), I would do lots of research as to what kind of living situation they provide.  I took a job in Alaska that I found on Coolworks and the company provided housing was really,really bad. And they had the nerve to charge $10/day for it. 

Workers that had travelled long distances (some from overseas) and spent lots of $ getting there pretty much felt trapped.  I wanted to at least work long enough to cover my travel costs but because of the very poor housing and some other reasons, I left early.

I had planned to travel to Alaska anyway, so no big deal. The drive up through Canada was well worth the expense.

I used Coolworks to get my current job with a rafting company in CO. I was in NC when I got the job (finishing up training my replacement at my FT job). I interviewed for and was offered 2 other jobs before accepting this one. I have lots of customer service experience as well as industrial experience. I will definitely be using Coolworks going forward. I am middle aged so I will be working while being nomadic for some time!