Wanderlust is back

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wanderlust

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 years later, I am back. This time I am closer to a real take off.
I followed CRVL website/channel/forum since 2009, binge-watched hundreds of hours of video and read way too many blogs.

First I planned to travel in RV, then I even bought an Ford E-150 van, stealth-city-camped in it for few weeks for a shitty job, was forced to sell it for another job, crossed the country from East to West in a Honda Odyssey during first weeks of the COVID lockdown, sold that too, (joined this forum), then my dreams got scaled down to a hybrid Prius V, and finally upgraded to Honda CR-V. I think (hope) it would allow me to travel more (than a van) on same limited budget.

My first big trip will be to see eclipse on April 8, and for sure few shake-down overnight trips before that.

I know you are mostly van people (different approach, because van has much more space than car/SUV), but I found forum like this one more convenient for a discussion. FB has some good info, but more noise, and it is hard to browse through the archives. Would be nice to find some forums more specific to SUV camping/living. Seems that "Car" subforum here has little activity - which makes sense, if the focus is on vans, I am not complaining. And I might upgrade to a van, eventually :)

Welcome back! Space available is always eventually a problem unless you adapt and use the outdoors as your living space in my opinion. Make your vehicle to where you are comfortable traveling and sleeping in your car. Everything else do somewhere else in my opinion is best.

Welcome back, and yeah most of our members are using vans but we welcome and encourage those with other types of rigs to join in and contribute. RVs, truck campers, SUVs, cargo conversions, skoolies, shuttles, car campers, tent campers, etc, all are welcome!

It’s a start! Just do it and see how it goes. Being adaptable to differing circumstances is key to happiness. It sounds as if you already have the ability to adapt rather than insisting on perfection of a dream that was locked into your mindset but never quite obtainable.

I know you are mostly van people (different approach, because van has much more space than car/SUV), but I found forum like this one more convenient for a discussion. FB has some good info, but more noise, and it is hard to browse through the archives. Would be nice to find some forums more specific to SUV camping/living. Seems that "Car" subforum here has little activity - which makes sense, if the focus is on vans, I am not complaining. And I might upgrade to a van, eventually :)
I sympathize, the FB format drives me crazy for those same reasons! I much prefer the board format for any kind of in-depth discussion. And you'll find that many of our discussions are applicable no matter what your vehicle type.

So where are you now?

Welcome back. I hope things work out well for you.

Latest posts