Choosing to be Single and on the Road

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ArtW said:
Simply not true, or even close to true
You have no actual data regarding anyone's abilities that you are not intimately involved with, so your statements are unsupported assertations

If it wasn't for "unsupported assertions", nearly everyone on the planet would have to keep their mouth shut most of the time.  In this case, that agency which shall not be named and I know a lot more about you than you think. 

:p

Vagabound

Vagabound said:
If it wasn't for "unsupported assertions", nearly everyone on the planet would have to keep their mouth shut most of the time.  In this case, that agency which shall not be named and I know a lot more about you than you think. 

Vagabound

I think that would be a good thing, (most people keeping their mouths shut). 
Most people think they know more than they really do. Assumptions are not really facts.

Except for a 5-year mistake, I've been happily single my entire adult life. It would be a HUGE adjustment to live any other way.

And then there's always the MMC ...

Multiple Mistake Club

Sometimes known as the Slow Learners Remedial Institute.  I have more sympathy now for Bart Simpson in the episode where he kept touching the hot stove while being observed by his sister Lisa for science class. Her scientific conclusion -- "My brother is dumber than a rat."

:blush:

Vagabound

Gotta sort iof own that myself, my mistake was 18 years with a 1 year hiatus in the middle, I'd have been much better off with just a 9 year mistake

Im still a sucker for love.  I just don't set myself out there much any more.  :(

GotSmart said:
Im still a sucker for love.  I just don't set myself out there much any more.  :(

The force is strong with this one.”  -- Darth Vader

and ...

There's a sucker born every minute.”  -- P.T. Barnum

but if you refuse to give up, then ...

"Do. Or do not. There is no try."  -- Yoda

Vagabound  ;-)

Still looking for an honest woman that wants to be with me, just not that hard.  :cool:

I'm honest, but alas, not single, or straight, but other than that...

Right about now I would settle for someone to argue with.   :dodgy:

mod right here. only problem is I can't see Got Smart arguing with anybody. highdesertranger

Thats because single guys on the road are invisible!  :cool:  

They look right through me ~~~   :-/

Vagabound said:
The force is strong with this one.”  -- Darth Vader

and ...

There's a sucker born every minute.”  -- P.T. Barnum

but if you refuse to give up, then ...

"Do. Or do not. There is no try."  -- Yoda

Vagabound  ;-)

How about fools rush in where the brave dare not go?
I kind of think it is all about Mother Nature's cruel but funny joke. Propagation of the species. 
Both parties feel that they are being taken advantage of by the other party, but the kids get fed. Nature cares about them, not you. Pretty funny huh?

What Kind Of Fool Am I  

Nuff said.  :angel:

I don't think I'll ever live with anyone in a house again, but I could definitely see sharing a campsite ;)
Seriously, a vandweller or rv-er could offer the perfect (for me) balance of intimacy and space/privacy.  Travel together, or not.  Camp together, or not.  Finding someone who isn't too needy or clingy can be a challenge, but in a traditional housing situation it's damn near impossible.  As soon as it's apparent that things are going good, he wants to move in.  Sure it's convenient, saves money, etc., but it's also the death knell of privacy and individuality for me.  I prefer relationships where time is spent together by choice, not by default.
Once you start pooping with the door open, the romance is over.  With a van-man, he can go poop in his own van and if he wants to leave the door open that's up to him.

I will be traveling the road alone and I am so excited for that prospect.

My entire life I always worry about others and I'm the go to person when there are problems for some reason, people always depend on me. I'm tired of dealing with everyone else drama and can't wait to only have to handle myself. That may sound selfish but so be it. I just ended a three year relationship because there were many issues between us and the biggest is that he had no interest in traveling. If he was "the one" for me then maybe I wouldn't feel the urge to travel, but then again if he was "the one" for me he would also be interested in traveling.

I don't plan on worrying about being in a relationship while living on the road because I want to do what I want and when I want without having to consider or compromise what someone else wants to do.

That being said, if the right guy came along then maybe it will happen. I'm not looking for it but never say never.

I went back to college after 9/11, One of my "REQUIRED" classes was life studies.  The professor gave an assignment of describing our perfect mate.  Then he asked the question.  What about you would make that person want you?  What do you have to do to be attractive to that person?

Most people here would say that they would not change,  Accept me as I am..  RIGHT!   :p 

I was in my 40's then, and most of the other students were barely 20.   A good number of the staff were alumni married to alumni.