Cheap living in RV parks

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RV-Kitty

Reaction score
I never saw a place cheaper to lived than in some of the out-of-the-way FL RV parks. The people here are paying less than $400 a month, plus electric. Some are in 40 yr old RVs. Other places are even cheaper. Pets are allowed as are screenrooms and those camping gazebos. Those on low incomes may want to look into buying and older RV and moving into one of these places.

Here in the Houston area there are many parks under $300, and a few at $225 plus electric.&nbsp; I pay $340 plus elec, but I am 7 steps from Lake Conroe, and we have a pool, hot tub, really nice showers, and management that pays pretty close attention.<br><br>I have a gold claim in New Mexico, and the park there is $150 a month, plus elec.<br><br>Bama

&nbsp; All over Arizona ( a state here in the U.S.) there are parks that rent full hookup spots for $1200 dollars a year. That's $100 a month. High season months, Nov. to April for $800. Here in Quartzsite there are rv sites with full hookups for $125 a month. Step outside the normal channels, you will be surprised!

I had a space in Eagle Pass, TX that rented for $190 a month, $150 for 4 months in the winter due to less electric use since it was cooler. That was electric included, plus very good 70 channel Warner cable included too. Absolutely no amenities, and 30 feet from busy 4 lane road, but best deal I ever had. Paid $160+ electric in Lubbock, $120+electric in Deming, NM. Deming electric really expensive.

Anybody know how to find a cheaper RV park in Dallas, TX area?

VanTexan,<br>Where is that 120 + elec in Deming. I pay 125 per month on a mountain near Silver City, NM

What do you get in these ultra cheap places?&nbsp; Do they have full hookups?&nbsp; What are the Parks like? We've seen a few places in our travels that we wouldn't want to spend 10 minutes in.&nbsp; Think trashed Hobo camps. I think you get the picture.

&nbsp;&nbsp; The places I posted about are beautiful and of course they have full hookups. As I said step outside the normal channels. You won't find these places on the web or in RV guide books. They probably aren't in the major cities either.

damn - you all just created a new hobby for me. price listing full hook up RV sites, with pictures and amenities documented. &nbsp;does this already happen? &nbsp;is there a guide that shows all the deep discount bargain RV sites? &nbsp;

will contact you all by email and ask more direct information. &nbsp;if you are inclined to take time to answer. &nbsp; love this discussion.&nbsp;

Great thread! Very informative. It gives me hope of finding cheap places to stay if I survive my escape attempt from the rat race. lol. Keep them coming and please include some links. Thanks.

f they're not listed anywhere, how does anyone find them?&nbsp; How do we find these channels outside the norm?&nbsp; &lt;img src="/images/boards/smilies/confused.gif" class="emoticon bbc_img"&gt;&nbsp; You kind of lost me.

ot that I ever saw anywhere and we've been RVing for something like 6 years now.&nbsp;

hose sites are not full-hookups and sometimes the roads in are so bad only a mule could get there. Most are on Gov (BLM) land.&nbsp; There aren't even out-houses no less potable water.

RV-KITTY&nbsp; --&nbsp;&nbsp; thinking the secret is to advertise you are looking, via CRAIGS LIST.&nbsp; Or to drive around and look for RVs in the back lot, with no signs where they are an official RV park.&nbsp; Networking seems to get you the scoop.&nbsp; Even some of the advertised expensive parks, might drop the price to half, if you offered to rent for a full year up front (just speculation).

ropping the price for full timers is pretty common. We have a house and property and don't plan to go fulltime in the RV. But we sure would like a decent no-frill place in FL to spend the winters. The place we've been staying at is turning all "permanent" and or for long-timers who rent for the year. It's no longer a campground of snow-birds.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;But anyone who does live in their RV can find places much cheaper than paying rent for an apartment or house. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;We'll be looking for a place now for next winter. Today we're trying the Silver Springs FL area. There are several places there that look promising online.

If you go to Google Maps, find the area you are interested in,then type in RV Parks in the search box, it will highlight all the parks in that area.&nbsp; Some have websites, some don't, but most have contact info.&nbsp; That's how I found most of mine.<br><br>Bama

&nbsp;&nbsp; RVK, you find them by going to an area you want to stay in and get a spot for a few days. Then you explore, it becomes second nature. Check with RV stores and RV repair folks for tips. The free campsite spot was an example, not an answer. Some of the folks on this site live in the kind of spots you seem to not like. If you are in an RV now don't you have a toilet? Why do you need an outhouse? The BLM land is often very accessible. Here in the Quartzsite area $500,000 diesel pushers are all over the desert, as well as folks in vans with no flushing toilets. Everything is a trade off. Pick what works for you and stay with it.

Local phone books, or through Google maps (which is kind of a map based phone book). Or even by simply keeping your eyes pealed when driving. They won't be right off interstate exits usually. They'll be at least a few miles away along nearby US or state highways.