24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So excited, FINALLY saw javelinas on my morning walk! There were two of them, walking down "my" sidewalk, I crossed the street to give them some space. My landlord hates 'em b/c they get into his trash but I had not seen a single one since I moved here. The neighbor two houses down leaves out food for critters, which not all his neighbors appreciate. I'm kind of surprised not to have seen any nice scenic rats, actually. One of the javes went over and nosed the food bucket but it was empty. Other than that I have seen a million bunnies and quail and almost stepped on a rattlesnake once. I heard there are wild burros around here too ... the weather here in southern AZ has cooled to mere double digits; it's heavenly.
20240920_060603.jpg

I do have a very recently acquired late evening viewing habit on YouTube. I started watching the highlights of that evenings “late shows” the beginning of the program where the host features that days news events and helps to interpret what was being said by whom about goings on things in the news. Laughter is indeed great medicine🤣

Of course there is always a lot of bad stuff going on in the world so I need to counter that with some happy to be alive and camping out in so many lovely places. Trees, mountains, birds, squirrels, butterflies, good books and movies have all been great companions this summmer. I have had a shortage of streams and ocean time though. Maybe next summer I will shift to a different area to get more of that.