Big weather change.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes me appreciate winter in northern Florida. Forties/fifties at night right now, with low thirties coming soon for a couple nights. Back to t-shirt weather during the day.
None of that funky frigid white stuff......

Well, Wednesday we got the word that a winter storm was approaching (Damn, they got THIS one right!) temps would be quite low (Shrug) then I had 3 co-workers say "You can't seriously believe you can survive those temps in your van can you?"

I had to repeat several times "I have been doing this since 2012. I have a heater, a low degree sleeping bag and a comforter. I am better set than a homeless person out in the conditions or even someone who can find a place to sleep with other homeless. I have no worries about anyone trying to steal my meager belongings"

God the cost of renting is staggering. One of our techs has a 2 bd rom (Shares with his Mother) and it's $1250 a month damn, that roughly my paycheck for a month....

expected to be in the 70's for the next 7 days in Tucson,Az and southern Az should be the same

They almost got it right, here, too. They predicted 26F and 1 to 3" of snow. We got down to 24F, with 5.5" of snow.

I was across the street when the snow started, and there was about half an inch on the ground when I got back. My three hens were hiding under the deck and wouldn't come out into the Dreaded White Stuff, not even for hulled sunflower seeds. Couldn't get them out, so I told them to stay there and let the racccoons get them. But they were there this morning, but still wouldn't come out. Finally caught them on the deck about half an hour ago, grabbed them by their tails and hauled them to the coop, one at a time.

The ducks think snow is great! Slip 'n' slide!

Santa Cruz, Ca. Finally stopped raining. 51 degrees.

Well earlier in the week I woke up to a -14 degree windchill and a high that day of 10. Today was in the mid 60s. Got to love Colorado bipolar weather.

Wanderer said:
God the cost of renting is staggering. One of our techs has a 2 bd rom (Shares with his Mother) and it's $1250 a month damn, that roughly my paycheck for a month....

Living in the SF Bay Area, that sounds pretty darn reasonable to me!  :p

Around here you're lucky to get a bedroom in a shared house for $1,250 a month.  

Studios $2,000
1 Bedroom $3,000
2 Bedroom $4,000 - $6,000   

I can only afford to live here because I've been here 7 years and have rent control!  :s

Back on topic before I hear from a mod......  Right now it's 61* and raining.  I'm going to be pissed if it doesn't stop raining tomorrow.  I haven't ridden my bike in over a week!

Temperature in central KS is 17 degrees and will get up to 29 degrees. Water line frozen this morning but starting to thaw with the sun coming out. Can't wait to finish up here and leave. I see a 2 degree night coming before we can get out. I never, ever want to come back here. We are at the east side of the Flinthills where the wind whips through.

Frost on the jammies this morning:  -8ºF when I got up in central Minnesota.

-- Spiff

Accuweather says 56 right now but headed to 76 this afternoon.

Down by the river in Ehrenberg... :)

So, tonight in central KS, we face -6 degrees. In the 10 years we have been back in KS, we have not had a temp that low. So far, we have done 15+ in the trailer. Tomorrow night, it will be 0 and it is wet. Ah, the challenge. We have finally received titles on the vehicle and trailer and now are working on selling the pop-up camper. Why out of the 10 winters, does this one have to be the coldest? "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger?" Well, sometimes the weatherman is wrong, fingers crossed!

The one inch we were to get last night turned into considerably more and it's still coming down. I'd be out shooting snowflakes if I didn't have lots to do and if it didn't hurt so much to be that cold. A low of -7 last night and a high of 5 today.

Last nights low was -23. Tonight supposed to get to -21. At the moment it is -3. Where? Central Montana.

-8 in Wisconsin. Low will be -22. My truck has been running for 3 days straight, due to the cold.
63fd475f7f080bc8ba9c76549b936a95.jpg

After all that, it hardly seems worth mentioning that in the Nevada boonies of Pahrump, the temps will drop down into the teens tonight, tomorrow morning, and the next morning. That will be the most challenging yet. Thankfully, the current strong winds are going to die down.

Vagabound

Bad Vega. lol

We all want to live with the delusion that it never gets cold down there.

it is shorts and t-shirts for me today, cloudy, slept under a sheet last night, haven't worn socks in weeks. Merry Xmas everybody

Latest posts