Big weather change.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeRevell

Reaction score
Been a very dry early autumn here in the Deep South, no rain for a couple months. Dirt roads had gotten very dry and dusty.
Today and tomorrow are very rainy. Had some rain one day last week too. Hard rain, angry red and yellow blobs on the weather maps.
How are things going elsewhere?

Last week rain.
This week snow.
Next week bone numbing cold.
THX for asking.

It has been a stunningly warm and even camping at altitude would have been possible. The last week or so winter has been trying to get going with freezing cold nights and a few cold days. Some how the weekends keep coming back with highs in the 50's. It will get bitter cold for a few days this week and warm up Friday and Saturday so I can work on my trailer. Then again I have seen 76 degrees one Christmas and two feet of snow the next, keeps it interesting.

It's actually snowing in Hawaii right now.  They've got a foot or more of snow on all the mountains above 10,000 feet on the big island.

We had a bit of snow (about an inch) this morning, and expecting 1" to 3" on Wed, temps down to 26F, according to the weather-guessers. Seems early.

Above freezing all day today in Southern Minnesota.  Forcast is for temps below freezing, slowly decaying to 0ºF by middle of month.  Only a trace of snow in the forcast.

-- Spiff

55* wet and muggy in San Antonio. I'll have to idle truck, in order to sleep tonight.

My body hates humidity. I miss the cool dry air of Idaho. [emoji20]
9e76c72ffa0ff0b33b03b08eddcf94ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

58 and very rainy in S.C. I think
It's suppose to rain for a couple of days and then turn really cold.

California/SF Bay Areal (aka Wimpville when it comes to cooler weather).

Daytime highs in the 50's and low 60's. Evening temps reaching down to 38* but mostly in the mid-40's at night.
Supposed to rain Thursday, Friday and Saturday, but only about .51" +/-

On my way home from work tonight I heard evening temps might even drop below freezing this week.

Sandy Eggo, biggest weather wimpville in nation.

Ocean Water temp 60F today, Still have not broken out the full wetsuit.

Here in S. NV, typically freezing temps at night and 50's during the day.  No rain to speak of.  Not sure myself, but getting some local opinions that it is freezing at night more often than normal.

Evidence of the Chinese hoax everywhere you look. ;-)

Vagabound

At last, the storms have ended. Going from dry&dusty to raging thunderstorms is a bummer. Normally today (Tuesday) is Range Day with a shooting buddy, but the forest roads are sloppy muddy. Not good for a lowslung minivan.

Santa Cruz, Ca.

Raining. Approx 55 degrees. Neither the G/F's camper, or Big-Blue has any leaks. We are happy. :)

18 degrees this morning, in WV with snow flurries.
Not a good day for me, Arthur has his hands on me, and I am not liking it. LOL
Supposed to be cold for the next few days, nothing over 35, and then get a bit of warm weather, up to 40?
Of course it is Winter, or nearly anyway, we all should expect to fill the effects, I guess.
Thanks for asking.

We were living in our teardrop until a couple of days ago. Temps plunged to below freezing and snow. Moved inside and thinking about heading south, but we really aren't prepared.

36 and cold and icy (Outside) warm and comfy (In the back of the van) and chilly up front (Can't get wifi if I don't) so wearing coat and watching icicles form on the parking lights of the Walmart....