Kratom on the road

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I found some Kratom yesterday, and I must say it does seem to help with my bad hip, didn't hurt near as much as it has in the past. I tried *** oil and didn't do much. I will use this stuff for a few more days before I decide to continue with it.

I personally like the whites and greens for pain and a little more slight euphoric feeling. Very mild doesn’t seem to affect anyone I know for daily activities such as driving. I think the reds are more sedating, great for insomnia. I used it for about two years for chronic back and leg pain. The only side effect I had was constipation. Also would recommend weaning yourself off as I did have some minor withdrawals. I am about to reorder more after taking a short break from it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am taking Maeng Da Red, I started with 1 gram and increased it to 2 grams once in the morning. I seem to be helping.

I just picked some up today at a local retailer, kind of pricey.
I got green malay and white borneo, I'm going to look online for some kind of variety pack.
I got capsules, tried one of the white borneos, not bad but tomorrow I'll try 2, or the green malay.

Yeah I don't know, glad I tried it, and it wasn't unpleasant, but I didn't find it worth the cost.
Granted I wasn't taking it for any pain management, more a recreational thing, but I didn't feel any "focus" or energy per say.
I did order a variety pack though to try a few other varieties just to see.

I'm going to give some to my brother in law that does have some pain issues after testing them myself.
Hopefully they'll be beneficial for him.

So actually, after taking it for a few days in a row, I seem to feel of better mind. I will continue testing this and see how it goes.
My brother in law has taken it for the 2nd time today and so far seems happy with it.
When I first took it, I had no idea how much to take, i got the capsules, so I started with two, and then three.
Come to find out from this page I found, first timer is recommended 2 grams which is 6 capsules.
So if you're considering trying it, check this out:
https://www.profkratom.com/guide/how-to-use/
Although honestly I'm still not sure if I've noticed a difference between White Borneo and Green Malay.

To me I noticed it the next morning, I have a bad hip and the next morning I went to raise my leg up to put on y shoe and my hip didn't hurt a I was able to raise it up farer than I normally could, and I was able to walk around without all the pain I was having.

I bought the powder and was using 1 gram in the morning mixed in a half cup of hot water, I bought some capsules to take with me, the powder tastes like green tea mixed with dirt. :)

A tip to save money - buy empty capsules and fill them yourself. Some organic markets, like MOMs, will have non gelatin vegan capsules, but capsules are cheaper if ordered from Amazon.

A tip to avoid some of the adverse immediate effects - use capsules instead of mixing kratom in a liquid.

A tip to deal with gradual reduction in efficacy - switch brands or strains temporarily. Some strains have very subtle differences, while others are drastically different.

My family member's doctors are all enthusiastic that she is using kratom for her chronic pain issues instead of asking for narcotics.

The people who have died while using kratom, were using or doing other dangerous things at the same time, but just like some of the deaths in the covid statistics, there are people who want you to believe differently as a matter of societal control.

I am glad to hear it works for you and agree with the comments about switching strains to keep from building resistance. I found the best way to take it is by using a table spoon half full and putting it in your mouth and quickly wash it down carefully with a non carbonated beverage. No way around it tastes terrible. I would take about two tablespoons per dose. Be careful when swallowing so you don’t cough. Not pleasant when that happens [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I wanted to follow up on a couple things here...

Resistance/reduced efficacy, how much are you taking, and how often are you switching?

Also, I wanted to reiterate my previous post, it is defiantly mellowing my overall mood.
I used to be easily irritated by stupid and/or little things, but that is not the case having been taking kratom now for almost a month.

I'd ordered a sampler from krabot.com and found that green & white maeng da along with the green malay worked best for me.
With the maeng da, I take one white and one green.

I'll stick with the capsules, powders can get messy, especially fine powders.

I agree with you about deaths treesprite. I'd looked into kratom quite a bit before taking and didn't seem to find any actual deaths related purely to kratom. I did however visit a friend and mentioned kratom and he told me a buddy had died from kratom. So I looked some more but couldn't find anything to corroborate this. The buddy in question I had known a few years back, and used to rather heavily partake in substance ingestion, so...

My family member often tries to get me to try using kratom for my aches and pains. I have off-and-on chronic pain from various things in various body parts. I think one of these days I'll have to do it, because the OTC stuff sometimes doesn't help and I won't take narcotics. Sometimes I use a TENS unit for pain, but I don't know where I put it when I changed apartments, and it doesn't work for every location or type of pain.

Just an FYI, kratom is used by opiate addicts to get off heroin and pain pills. That's how strong it can be. It can also be very addicting and I know several people who have had to go to rehab to get off of it. There's also subs on Reddit for people trying to get off of it. Be careful and do your research before trying stuff people recommend on the internet.

Latest posts