Berkey water filters

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True but take a look at your local water plant report, don't move to Flint, parts of Georgia, Pa where fracking has occurred, the reservation if you can find any water to filter not to mention the lower Colorado, upper Ohio rivers you should be just fine. I'd hold onto that pet rock you may enjoy looking at it when in the care facility someday when all that crap in the water takes out your internal organs possibly some day. Lots of places have really good sources of water till they don't. There are many great people that work to supply clean water but problems do occur and it doesn't hurt to be prepared as prevention is a lot cheaper and easier than recovery.

All the fertilizer in the watersheds doesn't help water quality either but we got to eat.

The pre-use lightly pressurized priming is to blow out any unwanted material left over from the manufacturing process. One and Done.
Dry filters will absorb some water before producing outflow.
The lower chamber needs to be dumped on the third day, if not emptied previously.

I don't buy "pet rocks" or "beanie babies". I don't move with the latest trends.

I resisted buying a Berkey when I had looked at them earlier.

In March 2020, for the first time in my life, bottled water became scarce then rationed.

I live 100 miles from the stores. Frequent trips to buy one gallon or one case of rationed water were not a viable alternative.

No longer a fad or a trendy must have item. Not just something to have for a future event.

Everyday supply of odorless, tasteless "just" water. Anywhere I am with my 40 gallon fresh water tank or a hookup.

I purchased a "blemished" Berkey, as the perfect Berkeys were sold out. The odd one that everybody else was ignoring. I can't see how it's blemished.

Personally,I use rainwater off the roof.Maybe a little bird shit in it on occasion,but nothing is perfect.Oh wait,what's those feathers growing out of my ears?And I'm suddenly wanting to perch on the porch railing.OK,cancel the rainwater,back to beer.

I've been looking at the Travel Berkey, and I think I will get one.

The Water here at Quartzsite is nasty, I have stopped drinking it and have gone to buying water.

Where are you getting your water at? I get the regular water at the RV Pit Stop. you have to buy it but it is super cheap. Taste ok. Highdesertranger

I was getting form the water faucet source here, but the last I bought at Roadrunner.

Will a Berkey remove that RV Antifreeze taste from the water?

I still have some of that taste left in my tank.

I know it removes red food coloring! I would try rinsing the tank with some vinegar and then using the Berkey.

I am curious what does RV antifreeze taste like? I know it's nontoxic but what's in it? Beet Juice? Highdesertranger

I don't know, but the water in my tank tastes funny.