Are We There Yet? (cont'd)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjabookitty

Reaction score
I recently posted an intro in Newcomer's Corner and thought I would continue the journey here. If this isn't the correct forum, I'm sure someone will let me know immediately.  :D

So having made the final decision to go on the road and several years of ongoing research, I am now at a point where is it very real, as several steps of my plan have been completed. I needed a new laptop in order to begin looking for online work. The most recent stimulus allowed me to buy the laptop and accessories I needed and yesterday, I was hired as a full time online Customer Experience Associate with a company that not only allows remote work, but actively advocates for and supports it. My next steps are to start paying off debt, of which there really isn't much, and begin saving. At some point, I will buy the SUV I want to live in and start converting it and making trial runs. As a veteran, I can get the America the Beautiful pass from NPS for free. I'm giving myself a year (ish) because not only to I want to have a nice cashpile saved, but I know I want to start my journey by leaving NC, going down to Florida, and then come back up the East coast to Maine before heading West and the weather this time of year is optimal. Once I leave the East coast I never want to come back. This also allows me time to start collecting the electronic toys I need like photography/video equipment, drone, etc. I may even consider engaging my youtube channel, even if only for travel updates and vids.

So after a long period of struggle, I am finally feeling like things are coming together. I am grateful for the successes I've had and take it as a message that I am on the right track. I can't wait for the next steps but I am very much enjoying the journey.  :heart:

Congrats on your new job and good job on the prep and planning!

All the best in your new life and on the new job.

In the Off Topic and Chit Chat there is this thread:

Education & Skills needed to work remotely from your rig. 

At the bottom of this post,  there are a couple of links that may be worth your time to look at too.

Latest posts