Alaska 2020 all welcome join

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmyflorida

Reaction score
Hello all I'm planning a trip to Alaska this summer me and.another friend driving separately im.leaving Michigan around the 4th of july probably meet in dawson's creek,bc around 10- 15 or so my plan is to spend around 6 weeks or so there all are welcome if anyone wants to join us  haven't totally figured out where going yet in Alaska

I’ll probably be heading back north again this summer, but don’t know when I’ll be heading out. This would be my fourth time up north. I generally come back mid-to-late September. I’m planning on going up the AlCan and back on the Cassiar this year.

Hi, would be interested in going to Alaska with ya'll. Let me know more. Thanks HoboJoe

Leave the cruise ship destinations off your list of places to visit.

I am imagine Juneau will be dead this summer, without a virus ever making landfall. On the day the last cruise ship departs, they are boarding up most everything in the central business district.

Anyone interested in go camping at wonder Lake campground in Denali NP?  I've been wanting to go to Alaska for sometime but it was just too daunting for a retired old lady to drive such a long trip, so I've decided just fly there and camp for a few days in late August 2021 to take some photos.

I missed it, now partway through 2021 & not sure how I would get there without a time machine.
-crofter

I’m just glad that I made the trip a few times before the pandemic.  I’m not sure when the border will reopen.

slow2day said:
Leave the cruise ship destinations off your list of places to visit.
No no no... Those are some of the most stunning locations that have easy access... Valdez, Juneau, Seward, Whittier all major cruise ports
"touristy" types are everywhere during the season if they aren't getting off a boat they are clogging the highways and streams eager to catch their first real fish  don't let tourists keep you from those towns... you may never get back..or never leave???:)
The allure of AK kept me enthralled for 10 years.... Now a bit older and ready to enjoy a Christmas cactus!

The Alaska cruise lines are prohibited from going directly from Seattle to Alaska without stopping at a foreign port because how they are registered.  Since Canada is not allowing cruise ships from the USA to dock in Canada due to Covid restrictions, there are no Alaska cruises this year.  However the Alaska Marine Ferry system is still operating from Bellingham to Alaska.

since we're supposed to be nomads, i would wait until Canada opens up and take the Alcan up taking your
time to get there. did that with a buddy in 86 and will never forget the amazing scenery through BC and the
Yukon territory. been to Valdez but would indeed like to see Juneau some day. also hope to have enough saved
up soon to take my wife there, as she would enjoy it. it is at least doable since we just got a new CRV ;)

Latest posts