Going to Alaska in 2022???

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mosquitoes are so much worse in Alaska than in Texas & Louisiana. We also have literal clouds of noseeums. We use Thermacell & also a mosquito fogger around wherever we park. The Thermacell fuel pods can be refilled with a little modification & the chemical pads used can be resoaked & reused to save a few bucks.

The mosquitoes are so much worse in Alaska than in Texas & Louisiana. We also have literal clouds of noseeums. We use Thermacell & also a mosquito fogger around wherever we park. The Thermacell fuel pods can be refilled with a little modification & the chemical pads used can be resoaked & reused to save a few bucks.
I went to Alaska summer of 2022 spent about a month there and I never had a big mosquito problem there although I spent about 10 days in Canada on the way and there definitely alot there but that was my experience

I went to Alaska summer of 2022 spent about a month there and I never had a big mosquito problem there although I spent about 10 days in Canada on the way and there definitely alot there but that was my experience
Mosquitoes will abound where there is standing water. Western Canada in BC had a lot of rain in 2022 so the mosquitoes were everywhere there. Not so much in Alaska.