A Minimalist Design Thread

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob's video on a minimal design minivan which is the embodiment of the purpose of this thread.
Nice design, layout and decisions of what to incorporate, how and why. This nails it on the head.

A carefully selected ambulance found me & I love it. A rust free 1993 E-350 Ford 7.3 IDI diesel Cutaway 80,000 actual miles with a Horton ambulance body. They don't skimp on anything. I have great storage I'm taking out. Came with new tires, batteries & 250 amp altonenator last year. Everything works, rides like a dream & I've owned many diesels & thought this would be underpowered I was wrong. I wouldn't own a powerstroke after this IDI & several 12 valve Cummins. Heat & air front & back, no build needed, in fact I'm taking out great storage. The key is finding a low milage one owned by a fire dept not an ambulance co. It honestly looks no more than 2 years old & for $2k I couldn't be happier. All the stickers were gone, registered as a motorhome. It has all the storage inside except the tall door where the O2 bottle was stored. Get's 16-18mph pulling a 101"x 10' tilt bed aluminum trailer with slush guard. Tires underneath so I get the whole flat deck space.

Grats, Gr8ful. Sounds really nice and you can't beat the price.

I remember some discussion here before about problems registering them, I think, so ... good thing you got that taken care of.