24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still hanging out in southwest nevada, high enough elevation that it is not too hot. Low enough in elevation that it is not too cold. Likely to be here another week or so. No need to go chasing after 70 degree weather when you are already there enjoying it.

Some of the HOWA caravans are moving to the Quartzsite area this Wednesday.

Well, no root canal needed, I had a sinus infection giving me fits I guess. Bridge installed this morning for two missing back teeth. I am slowly becoming a BORG (Star Trek reference).

Thing are starting to look really good on leaving here Monday. Having a hard time waiting.

I haven't seen TX2Sturgis in awhile on the forum or am I just losing it? Probably losing it, have been for awhile :)

Saw on another thread that abnorm just realized TX and I share the same first name. I went to visit him last year at YARC Central. At least that is what I call it because it seems to be ~halfway between Q and Kentucky but a long way North of me. Texas is a large state!

WINTON STATION

What a place for a "Radio" guy...........the opposite of MINIMALISM

Who else has a 200+ foot antennae in the backyard !

Radios are still around?? Who knew, I have not used mine hardly at all in the last decade. But sometimes heard NPR on my friends car radio.

I did use my weather radio last fall in Port Townsend, WA as there was no local station with a current location weather forecast. Everything was just broadcasting the weather in Seattle but the right next to the Straits of Juan De Fuca is not the same conditions as Seattle. So the marine forecast reports from my weatther radio were more useful.

Winford Dangit! Winford!

Just remember 'ford' is in the name. 

:p

Hey if anyone is up past midnite tonight...look up and I'll send you a lunar surprise!

Not sure that I can stay awake that late tonight. But it would be fun to see the big lunar eclipse.

Definitely wasn't the reddish color I am used to seeing. I didn't take a picture cause I knew there would be plenty that do and are better at it.

Another beautiful day in the high desert country! Hopefully the morning will be a productive one including a task I am not fond of....reorganizing my "garage" which in my case means a major removing and sorting of stuff in my Honda Element just part of getting ready for travel further south next week. I want to sort out uneeded items. It might take a couple of days as I have a low tolerance for long sessions of "house keeping". I am not a woman who loves cleaning, organizing, etc. Ist step...popup my screen room and my unfold my table so I have a place to set the things I take out to sort through.

I guess I had better get to it. Work to do, people to visit with, trip into town to ship stuff out, etc. It should be a very nice day, I hope yours is good too.

After 5 short days in the desert, I headed north to daughters. I have a canoe to deliver near where I’m bringing a trailer back to a friend. Well, tomorrow sounds to be a major snow event up there. So I’ll hang here and tomorrow watch my grandson’s play basketball. I’ll see them again next Saturday and then south I’ll come again.
I forgot about the train crossing on (is it 95?) inside the California stretch. That caused a little havoc even though I did my best to slow. Haha!
I’ll be spending time here getting diesel heater going. In this kinda cold the buddy is just to expensive! Haha! My dilemma for the heater is I left the one fitting at home. I may see if I can just make a cap for my fuel can for now and suck it out that way.
I’ll hope to get on Jim in Denver’s schedule to get solar on my roof. I briefly was visiting abnormal aka The Doug but Jim was pretty busy with someone. To cloudy here for eclipse... nice picture.
Nature Lover... you doing better now? Hope your able to get moving real soon.
I gotta say, the climate in Arizona was healing. I was feeling so good. I am in northern Utah near Logan. Not real cold, but my issues came back hard and heavy. I’m surprised they don’t just straight out prescribe the desert verses medication. I’m sure the Arizona tourism could give doctors a kickback. Haha.

Looking forward to my first gingerbread cookies of the Christmas season. Now I just have to find a great bakery or a friend with an oven in their RV to make me some.....

No oven in my tiny travel trailer but I can make fudge :)

Hi - it has been a while since I've posted here but I come by almost every day to read something. I've been depressed over not getting my van conversion done. Nothing has changed. I'm creating art and reading books, and trying to stay warm here in the travel trailer. My daughter got someone to install electricity on my property and I think they'll be moving over there soon.