24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got a call that I’ll be getting shots in my wrists today. I was worried it wouldn’t happen before I leave. Again on a Wednesday... my last night on the fire department and being secretary I have to take notes... I was all but crying last time. But by Saturday I’ll be smilin’! Wish me luck in retiring... I tried last month and they blew me off. I’m bringing my pager, radio and med bag... I’m done!

Ben, you should have let your personal assistant tape the notes for you...your cell phone. Hard to teach some of the ready to retire folks new tricks, but not too late to get going on that stuff. :) Save those wrist for more important stuff, like turning the steering wheel.

Men are not lower on the scale than fruit flies... but taking a pole of older women's opinions they very well might rate lower than cats and tiny pet dogs.

I managed to take a walk all of the last three days - once even went all the way around town. Now it is raining again. Since the RV Guy isn't calling me back I'm trying to reach the carpenter who was going to work on the van - he lives here in town and hopefully he will know the status of RV Guy. I hope RV Guy isn't sick.

RV people are always busy This time of year they do a lot of winterizing and roof sealing work.

He sold the RV repair business and now makes most of his money answering questions online about RV repair issues. He also owns a used bookstore, so yes, I'm sure he's busy, but he always had time to talk to me before, so now I'm wondering if he's sick or for some reason decided not to do the job. I still have his ladder and some other things he left here. I know the carpenter (who lives in town) told his daughter that he was looking forward to doing the work on my van. I'm sure he'd know what's going on with RV Guy.

I love the sound of the rain on the roof of my travel trailer.

Not worried about a thing. I've been enjoying my reading this evening.

I’ve posted about a Campout to be held in honor of Mike (High Desert Ranger). You can see details under the thread that mentions his passing.

Please attend.

Thanks Cammalu! I will try to attend if I can get over my tendency to avoid crowds now I have my Covid booster and Flu shot. Thanks again, Mike was one of those people that needs to be remembered.

Could be the RV guy is not feeling well. Could be money earned online is way more appealing than money earned from hard labor. There must be a lot of demabd for carpenters and the other building trades in that area now that fire condemedned properties are getting approved for occupancy.

This thread has a lot of people wishing they were on the road but for a variety of reasons they are not there right now. . For a while I was one of them delayed by various health issues, but still actively making progress whenever possible. Very for me nice to have come out of that several years delay phase. I wish you who are not yet there for whatever reason the achievement of your goals.

Just remember a dream is only a state of mind but being a nomad takes real time physical efforts not just from others but also from your own bodies.

Hope to meet you on the road sometime. ..

Finally had a mechanic look over my car......it's good to go !

I may be too introverted to attend Mike's memorial campout though I very much appreciated what he did and wrote on this forum. I don't know if I'll ever meet any of you IRL because it is very hard for me to be willing to connect with others except online ... and really, one thing that attracts me to the nomadic life is that most of the people I'll see, I'll never see again.

IRL = in real life

I do have some friends here in this small town and probably 90% of the people in this town know me or know who I am, and some even like me, but outside of this place, I'm very much a loner. Well, here I'm a loner too as I spend most of my time in my travel trailer home. Right now the only meeting I go to is church on Sunday. I take walks and go to the post office or market but that's about all except if I need propane and then I go to Napa for that.

Gypsy108 - I'm happy to hear your car is good to go! What happy news!

It's a big desert and people can be as spread out as they want. No need to be right in the middle of socialti.e unless.that is what you want.

There are many who have attended big events like the RTR and have just parked a bit further out than most. It’s a huge area and you don’t have to have neighbors if you don’t want.

I like to park close in but when I need me time I can always get in the rig and shut the door.

Froggy and TA, as a curmudgeon who jealously guards her apanthropist self, I can tell you for sure that the folks who will turn out for HDR totally get us. Nobody would give anyone else crap about the size of their bubble. If you want to go and can go, go. If I can do it, so can you. I went to the edge of my envelope last year in Q and am not one bit sorry for it.

Also, I hope to meet you both IRL someday : )

I went to some of the early ones and even one large one but camped almost in the LTVA at the large one! LOL!!! I believe I even saw Cammalu go by a few times in her UTV but didn't try to flag her down. I really need to try this year as does everyone with so much division and intolerance in everyday life seems to be destroying a lot of the good things that happen when people get together.