24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
travelaround said:
I have nothing nice to say about medicare. I pay out a lot more than I use at this point . . . all on the gamble that someday I'll use more than I'm paying? Is that how it works? 

Um, that's how's ALL insurance works. And Medicare has much lower overhead costs than any insurance company.

haha I *thought I was done with Medicare. hahaha

I was just reviewing formularies and different plans for next year. I'm going to have to make some changes
in my Part D. Made an appt with the broker for 11/9.

Man, asthma rescue inhalers are EXPENSIVE. And wow, I feel bad for diabetics, everything is high tier.

Don't know if anybody remembers Lennie Flank,who used to post on the forum.He has a great article about the Florida panther on Daily Kos.

We might get fog in the morning due to colder temps today, high humidity and warming up tomorrow, for us fog is a treat, well, i think it is anyway and i'm excited.  I hope it holds true.  Still at home dealing with spouse's chemo treatments.  CT scans on Thursday, and we are hoping for good results so we can maybe get out and enjoy life, imagine that!

Worked a lot this week, went into town today to ship out a bunch of orders.

A lot of people moved on to the new caravan locations today. Too bad they did not stick around until late afternoon as Bob Wells, his dog Cody and Suanne Carlson came out and sat around the campfire chatting with everyone for a while. Of course it was all very low key and mellow as it was not a big crowd of people.

I got chilled last night and for some reason just could not get warm even though I have been in colder weather this last month.. I had to get out my super thick down sleeping bag. That did the trick and I was warm and cozy within about 20 minutes.

We’re cloudy and cold here too... maybe snow tonight. My body is slow to adjust. Infloor heat will feel good in the morning. But I’m sleeping in my camper. I really like the bed. (And Kira likes hers.)
Had the weekend from hell working on vehicles. It amazes me how ridiculous things can get. Order parts to do front brakes on my truck... they had everything but rotors on Friday. So I patiently wait til Monday. Go in... they aren’t here yet come back in twenty minutes. Come back a half hour later. Try in an hour. Oh wait, let me see if I can locate them. Oh here they are, someone forgot to check them in. I go home to realize they orders rear rotors. Call em up. Oh, no problem... we have those in stock. They were there the whole time! Its 25 miles to town!
I got a copy of a letter from my doctor they sent to refer me to the Mayo Clinic. He called me a pleasant 65 yr old male... hahaha! Not feeling so pleasant. Haha!
Anyways, Travel Around... you have about a month. I hope you beat me getting solar power installed. That would mean your build is happening.
Random Painted Highway... prayers your wife has a good scan so you can hit the painted highways with smiles.

I'm working on trying to fix my sticks and bricks situation today - maybe I'll have a chance to get a house built - a small one. I need a home base. If nothing else a shed to put things in - but a house would be so much better.

I got a new computer today. I'm still using the older one but it has one fatal flaw - the laptop hinge is broken and I can't close it, which it so inconvenient when traveling in the van.... so I got an inexpensive laptop to replace it so I can travel with a computer.

I haven't heard from RV Guy about the solar panels lately. I will give him a call soon. It is raining here most of this week, so installation won't be soon.

I'm so new......I don't know where I need to be in order to find out if any caravans or groups are doing anything now in the east....I want to enjoy the Fall.

Sent from my SM-A115U using Tapatalk

If a person stays 6 or 7 months in an LTVA, where do people usually go after that time period is up? Are they forced to move every 14 days between May and September if they stay in the general area, or do they usually just boondock or mix and match?

Many get seasonal summer jobs either off coolworks.com or at employer booths at the big tent at Quartzsite RV show as camp ground hosts which provide housing or a full hookup site.

Forced to move? That sounds a lot more negative than the actual reality. Definetly a new to the Southwest desert terrain in summer question.

The weather is what will force you out of the LTVA in Quartzsite. You will want to leave, it is way too hot in the late spring, summer and early fall.

But there is a way to stay all summer, become a BLM volunteer there.

There is no "usual" for what people do after the LTVA other than going to a place they can have survivable temperatures and if they do not have have a home base find low cost camping.

Busy making a batch of pain rub. I made a huge supply order a while back and my sales plummeted. lol Finally got a couple good orders yesterday. Then later this morning, my 'blood' cousin (I was adopted) and I have a virtual reading room appointment with the U of W, see if we can nail down who my father is. We know it's one of her two great-uncles, but not which one. One was very handsome and looks like trouble so I think it's him. lolol We are looking in union records to find out who was where in early 1956.

Here's an interesting tidbit. The man we believe to be my father sailed as 'messman' on the very same ship my ex, father of my kids, sailed on as chief engineer about 35 years later. They retired the ship not too long after and he transferred to another within the same company.

Hello nomad friends and “enemas”?. Since my last Gross post about my problems in the van I have discovered the reason for such problems. I came back to the farm I’m staying at on Sunday night got out of the van to upchuck found myself facedown on the group unable to stand. So I got a ride in a nice ambulance which I checked out that may be buy and live in some day. ? ha ha. I’ve been in the hospital since Sunday night looks like I’ll be here another week a strep infection in my right leg so I’m propping it up taking intervenous anabiotic’s and being waited on by beautiful young people. Just thought I’d say where I’m at. y’all take care now. God bless the nomads especially the old and unhealthy ones.

Nature lover, hope all your female attendants of all ages treat you like a treasured pet. ; )

But don't get so attached to it that you decide to linger.