24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know some may find it unorthodox, but the only "medication" I took was home-made colloidal silver. The first time too.
I swear by it, and it saved my hide again.
For the first 2-3 days I experienced this intense back pain (something like a sciatica, but it goes from your neck down to your foot -all my right side) and I took half spoon of turmeric powder twice a day for that, and it worked too. Better than Ibuprofen, and long lasting.
Of course it helped a lot, that I could not taste or smell anything, so I gulped the nasty stuff down no problem.

I suspect this was the Delta variant -they don't tell you- and I hope I'm done with the hullabaloo for another year or two.
I feel perfectly well now, no lingering symptoms or 'long Covid' that I read about, from people who have had chronic problems after getting the virus.
Stay well, everyone.

I took colloidal silver when I had covid too. I have the way to make my own but I didn't feel like it so someone brought me some from the health food store.

I believe this thread was designated as a zone where Covid was not discussed.  Crofter has a thread for discussing it and remedies for health issues so it is not as if there is no pace in the forum  to discuss your health remedies for covid.

Or maybe the moderators just gave up deleting all the discussions about Covid?

Seems to me I've seen people mention their health issues in here. Why not Covid?

Best to consult the thread sheriff before posting here. Some folks want to see ONLY what confirms their OPINIONS.
Control of the sheriff badge is based on seniority with each particular thread, in case you want to know who to submit comments to for preapproval.

I think it was more the disease in general, not pros &  cons so much.

Lets face it, kinda a downer.
-crofter

@BelgianPup - that's funny, you know someone who was walking around her van for exercise. I actually did that yesterday. I'm not really all that frail, but didn't want to go anywhere really, so I walked around the van twice instead. Well, today I actually walked to do my errands at the post office and store and carried home three bags of groceries. I wish I had a habit of taking a walk every morning. Maybe I'm working up to it. This is a small town so walking around the whole thing is only about a mile, and there are some good hills to climb.

@NctryBen - yes, I'm now Walk Around... lol . . . I really want to live in my van for the reason you mentioned, it is best if I live outside... and when I'm in town I tend to stay in my travel trailer to do indoor things. I feel stuck in a rut and then need to use great willpower to pull myself out of it, to go outside to take walks.

@Sofi - great to hear the collidal silver helped you recover from covid. I tend to use that too, for almost any sickness. Also food supplements like D3 and K, and Zinc, and Vitamin C. But I've never had covid. I must be lucky and/or good at avoiding it. I also like to take Turmeric daily. Anyhow - glad to hear you recovered well.

@everyone - I missed whatever debate there was when it was first said that covid shouldn't be mentioned on this thread. I forgot about it completely. As the originator of the thread I never meant for anything to not be discussed, except politics of course. I think dealing with covid issues has become a part of life so probably can't be entirely avoided in our thread, but debates about it ...? I don't know - like I said, I entirely missed the conversation that was considered problematic.

travelaround said:
 I wish I had a habit of taking a walk every morning. Maybe I'm working up to it. This is a small town so walking around the whole thing is only about a mile, and there are some good hills to climb.
I started some time ago riding my bike if going less then 2 miles one way instead of driving. I started to increase that and now I am at around more than 5 miles one way I will drive otherwise I bike. If it is a glorious day I  am willing to go much further. :)

It is rare that bad weather dissuades me. The rules are the rules. :)

I had a dog that every night for seven years we walked to town and back. Five miles total. (Per night, not the seven years... haha). -30 outside I said no way... but she brought me my jacket AND my insulated bibs. You just didn’t tell her no. Haha! My current pup likes to go also... I’m just not able as much. But I think I’m doing better. Always good to have a buddy that pushes you.
Ball joints and alignment yesterday. Tires and brakes today... getting there! Next... finish diesel heater install... getting cold out there.

desert_sailing said:
It is rare that bad weather dissuades me. The rules are the rules. :)

Very inspirational - especially with bad weather coming up soon. I used to do a three mile hike daily here, and it was beneficial. I need to get going with this.

NctryBen said:
Always good to have a buddy that pushes you.
Ball joints and alignment yesterday. Tires and brakes today... getting there! Next... finish diesel heater install... getting cold out there.

Great dog story. I have no buddy that pushes me so all my progress has to be internal. I need to fight for my health.

Did you get your solar panels installed yet?

My daughter went to town yesterday to get the camping permit to live on our land again. Yes, since 2017 our county decided we all need permits to live on our own land unless we have a sticks and bricks dwelling there. Permits are for one year only. Then what? We don't know.

Travelaround, a full year is breathing room. A lot can be accomplished in that time frame if you have funding for fees and materials. Of course yoecpectztioons and standards might need adjusting to fit the time frame. Start small add on more rooms later. That is a very ancient tradition.

Kinda wish I lived in a small town again, where everything was within walking distance. Grocery store, post office, library, doctors office and pharmacy. I loved that.

I was living across the river in an area where all those things were in walking distance about 9 years ago. Now I'm a little ways out of town and I love it. A small town out in the woods would be perfect.