24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the black bucket idea!

I enjoyed my time at the revival (I've never been at anything quite like it) and met a lot of people I'd never met before.

I have no idea what tomorrow will bring and I'm almost too tired to care.

desert_sailing said:
Bread, catsup and a slice of onion... Deeeeeelicious!

I was in the wally theother day and behind some people that I thought were leaving a trail of "scent" behind them. Every aisle I had to go down the were in front of me. and it was stink city..just as I was getting a bit annoyed I realized I had a sandwich shortly prior.. and what I was smelling was my OWN onion breath contained within my mask... :s

Lessons learned.
LOL yeah, I need to take this lesson more seriously too, because I am always disappointed when I don't:  Brush your teeth before you put a mask on!

Any little breath offense is magnified so much when your nose can't escape it!

Hello, good morning. It is Monday. I'm preparing my hotel room for cleaning. ...

Tomorrow I may be evicted, or maybe my stay extended? I don't know yet. The van isn't really ready to move into but I could make-do if I really had to ... today I want to go to the park and remove all the boxes from the van and clean it - then put them back in a more organized way.

I hope your stay is extended for the sake of convenience. It is really difficult to stay organized when you have to store more than meets your immediate needs in a very small space.

Good luck with your hotel travel around. I hope you get the “stay“. Sounds like a stay of execution. Sorry.

I’m still at the pond today and need to make a trip to the pharmacy to correct their mistakes of several days ago. Because I move around a lot I’m 20 miles from the pharmacy. That is a pain in the butt. I’d rather be 100 miles from the pharmacy and go to another one of that same chain then travel 20 miles to go to the same store again. I’m just tired and complaining and grumpy. My wife used to say some mornings I wake up grumpy other mornings I let him sleep in. God bless the nomad Every one

Just took my class A in to see why my brakes weren't working. Need complete new brake job. $1,200 is the low end figure of the estimate. This is what I get trying to cheap out earlier using a friend who just put new pads on and called it good. I trust the shop as they have worked on both my mom's car and mine for 3 years now. I did the trip up here last March with little to no braking power. Don't want to repeat that experience.

My goodness! Get those brakes!! Sorry the price is outrageous. Since when are brake jobs over a thousand dollars? I guess times have changed since the last time I needed one.

Lovely day - taking care of business. Been to Walmart and the library.

I was trying to put together the panel for a secondary solar system, but it turns out that I need some different size wire to connect the controller. What I have is too thick.. :huh:
Work stoppage until Saturday, when wire and some fuses come in.

I called 3 friends yesterday and today that I haven't talked to for a couple of weeks.
One is recovering from surgery, the second can't walk due to a bad sciatica, and the third  was just diagnosed with cancer.

I need some good news, please.
electric 10-5-20.jpg

Attachments

• electric 10-5-20.jpg
    electric 10-5-20.jpg
    492 KB
Yeah... I thought it would be nice, with all this crap going on, isolation, covid, fear, unemployment, uncertainty, the works.
We don't see friends anymore, it is forbidden.
Each one has to face their burdens alone, more or less.
I won't call anyone else. You are right BnC.

travelaround said:
My goodness! Get those brakes!! Sorry the price is outrageous. Since when are brake jobs over a thousand dollars? I guess times have changed since the last time I needed one.

Lovely day - taking care of business. Been to Walmart and the library.
Times have changed on the price of brake jobs. A complete brake job on a newer car is indeed just over a thousand for all four. I was in sticker shock in August when I had to do that on my Honda Element.

Sophia ... ... did you figure out the issue with the engine indicator light? Find the OBDII?

Are you putting in batteries in addition to the Bluetti?

I did not feel like working today. Should have gone with that feeling as nothing is going smoothly. Just one of those days.

The estimate once parts were priced is now over $2K. If I get out under $3K total I'll be relieved. Turns out the newly serviced generator, by the same guy who did the low cost brake job previously, now has broken or incorrectly installed mounts. I don't think he would have messed with the mounts just changing the oil, filter and spark plugs so most likely just age?

This is a 34' older class A motorhome. I paid $6K for it 3 years ago and live full time in it with my cat Bosley. Once I'm back in the Phoenix metro area I need to get the front air conditioner fixed as it died this summer. I'm hoping that is just the starter capacitor. Good thing I really like my motorhome.

@shadowmoss - I think your motorhome must be a lot more comfortable than my setup which is a van and a cargo trailer. I'm looking for ways to improve it... fortunately everything is running smoothly so I'm only working on interior issues.

Today I managed to spend time at the park rearranging my stuff and the boxes. I'm rather amazed at how little I got away with (from the fire) and it upsets me, but then I think of how so many others didn't have time to go back for their belongings at all, or only had five minutes... so I don't honestly have a lot to complain about in comparison to them. It has been a hard month.

maki2 said:
I did not feel like working today. Should have gone with that feeling as nothing is going smoothly. Just one of those days.
Saw an article today about the need to do nothing at all. Maybe some folks would like to check it out.

https://time.com/5622094/what-is-niksen/

I have been practicing niksen for a very long time and I often do it several times a day. I never knew it was a real thing as such in the nederlands. I call it being a potato. The simple act of just being. My granny was part dutch.. maybe it I am predisposed to being a potato.

Sofisintown said:
One is recovering from surgery, the second can't walk due to a bad sciatica, and the third  was just diagnosed with cancer.

Good news. They don't have the Corona virus.

desert_sailing said:
Saw an article today about the need to do nothing at all. Maybe some folks would like to check it out.

https://time.com/5622094/what-is-niksen/

I have been practicing niksen for a very long time and I often do it several times a day. I never knew it was a real thing as such in the nederlands. I call it being a potato. The simple act of just being. My granny was part dutch.. maybe it I am predisposed to being a potato.

The Netherlanders (or Dutch) are late to the party.
I've been 'Niksen-ing' for ages, every chance I got. I didn't have many chances - true- but I did my best!

Sofisintown said:
I was trying to put together the panel for a secondary solar system, but it turns out that I need some different size wire to connect the controller. What I have is too thick.. :huh:
Work stoppage until Saturday, when wire and some fuses come in.

I called 3 friends yesterday and today that I haven't talked to for a couple of weeks.

The good news was you :) 

You picked up the phone and  mysteriously  called those exact three friends where your call made a very positive impact in their day to know you value them as friends. It is the exact opposite of being bad news in their lives to have heard from you. For them it was like getting flowers and candy when they were  feeling low and ill.