24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Qxxx said:
Very nice drawings, all the things vacant from Wisconsin, ocean seashores and mountains. Your heart is in the west. Cool.
There are plenty of shores and rivers in WI. Mountains are in short supply, but the lake is vast and pretty in the summer
2013-08-10 Harrington 002.JPG100_1806 (2).JPG2013-08-04 042.JPG2013-08-04 037.JPG100_2248.JPG2013-07-18 030.JPG

Attachments

• 2013-08-04 037.JPG
    2013-08-04 037.JPG
    1.5 MB
  • 2013-08-04 042.JPG
    2013-08-04 042.JPG
    964.2 KB
  • 100_1806 (2).JPG
    100_1806 (2).JPG
    1.7 MB
  • 2013-08-10 Harrington 002.JPG
    2013-08-10 Harrington 002.JPG
    1.4 MB
  • 100_2248.JPG
    100_2248.JPG
    1.9 MB
  • 2013-07-18 030.JPG
    2013-07-18 030.JPG
    1.6 MB
This is what I have over my desk.
Do you see a pattern forming now?  :D  :D  :D
IMG_20200831_195000.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200831_195000.jpg
    IMG_20200831_195000.jpg
    1.2 MB
Got to have a small blanket in PA tonight. Low in the mid to upper 50s. Storms and rain today took all the humidity away. Woke up this morning with a great blue heron looking through my open side doors about 6 feet from me. I spent the last several dollars I had on a breakfast special this morning at a local restaurant. My breakfast and lunch for the same meal about 10 o’clock great bargain for only 399. And I had two dollars for tip. Got to keep the girls at the restaurant happy or service could get iffy. Social Security comes on the third so I’m down to almost nothing again. Keeping on budget with food etc. is easy but the build is costing me a lot more than I had anticipated. Ain’t that the way it is. Between the raindrops I Was lucky enough to see a lot of monarchs today on butterfly bush and sedum at a local park. it won’t be long till they’re going south. I plan to follow them. The only place I want to see snow when ice is in my rearview mirror. Another two months and I’ll be sprouting those feathers to be a Snowbird. God bless the nomads, all of them.

Hello - I am loving your art, Sofi! I went to my Dr. Appt. today and was declared somewhat healthy. Of course I didn't tell him all my problems, so "healthy" is relative.

I'm still unloading my van from the trip to get storage items in Idaho. Don't know why, but when I got back here it is like I lost a lot of energy and have been feeling weak and tired ever since. I unload a few boxes a day, that's all. Really pathetic, to not have the energy to do much.

Thanks AT...
We are all 'relatively' healthy at our age. 
A friend of mine used to say "I still have hair and teeth and I can walk. What else you need!" He's not with us anymore, but I remember his words every time I feel down and out.

You take it easy, and do as much as you can, as often as you can.
It doesn't matter if a project takes a day or a week, eventually everything falls into place.
I'm not ready for inspection either, but if somebody is in a hurry, they are welcome to help! :D

I should’ve said this is my last post but yes the artwork is great snowcapped mountains are beautiful. Our Appalachians here just don’t look like the Rockies. But yes your artwork is good. More than good and many times better than mine.

Thank you Nature Lover. I have created some artistic atrocities over the years, and I am mediocre at best on my good days.
But painting is fun, like cooking.
You only cook the things you like so everything you cook tastes great. To you!

I mowed the yard in the afternoon all in one swap, just before the 20% chance of precipitation materialized, and got regaled with a blister on my thumb. 
I retreated inside, and made bread. It is proofing in the oven, and it smells good.
If you hadn't noticed yet, I am nocturnal.  :D

travelaround said:
I'm still unloading my van from the trip to get storage items in Idaho. Don't know why, but when I got back here it is like I lost a lot of energy and have been feeling weak and tired ever since.
It'll probably take a few days to recover from all that activity packed into 5-6 days, driving, moving, packing the van, more driving, and unpacking. Especially when you're not used to so much intense activity stacked together, on top of all the heat this summer. We're not 18 anymore.

Sofisintown said:
I mowed the yard in the afternoon all in one swap, just before the 20% chance of precipitation materialized, and got regaled with a blister on my thumb. 
You really have your act together, Sophia. Cooking, cutting the grass, building out the van, painting masterpieces in yer spare time, and giving advice to everyone who'll listen, on every subject imaginable. The perfect S&B life. Who could ever give that up?

Yesterday ended up being a day off to recover from fehydaration and lavk of sleep the previous night.  Feeling much better today, hope to get a lot of projects worked on. Order to ship out, then finish geetting a desk installed so I can ppackage and cut more kits. Have to keeep money coming in to fund being on the road.

Lots of work left to do as far as technology hook ups goes. I have all my kit assembly directions posted on a google blog but google is changing that site over to a new system so I have to migrate all my files to the new site. But I still dont have all my laptops connected to my cellular devices. Plus I need to setup a VPN service. So i will have to get to it while I have both shore power and 4 bars of Verizon as it truly is a major priority.  I dont want to do all that stuff, but no magic wand to wave for instant gratification. I am sure many van dwellers have the same mental roadblocks. There was  a time 15 years ago when I founnd it less of a hassle to do this kind of hoop jumping and even used to help my friends with it.  i suppose it is a fed up with it all syndrome that many others have reached before me. Slower memory recall at age 70 is slowing me down on these tasks that used to come much easier.

Sofisintown said:
I retreated inside, and made bread. It is proofing in the oven, and it smells good.
Two questions:  1) Is it tricky to mow in the dark?  2)  Will you use your bread baking superpowers in the van?

VanFan said:
Two questions:  1) Is it tricky to mow in the dark?  2)  Will you use your bread baking superpowers in the van?
1) No clue. I always use daylight
2) I wish. With a single burner Coleman, that will be a challenge. :(

Ok, so I cut the 'fake' drawer short, and went to put the doors back on the cabinets, and
I found out that I had painted one piece upside down, and the left one was on the right side.  :mad:
So I had to drill all new holes for the knobs and the hinges and the little magnets that keep them closed.  And I didn't know that they are sooooo hard to line up.

As usual, a 15 minute job took me 3 hours, but hey! Hardship builds character, yeah?
IMG_20200901_142829.jpgIMG_20200901_142727.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200901_142727.jpg
    IMG_20200901_142727.jpg
    1.1 MB
  • IMG_20200901_142829.jpg
    IMG_20200901_142829.jpg
    1.2 MB
Pretty cool Sophia, first thing you see when you come in the door. Notice how they tend to brighten up the room. You know how I build things: (a) measure twice, (b) cut to fit, (c ) file to match. No matter how meticulous I am with (a) and (b), I always have to do (c ). It never fails. 

Now the big question is, what's the carpet gonna look like that goes in front of the desk? The good thing about "not" installing permanent carpet is, something removable can be taken out and more easily cleaned. Mine is polypropylene and I can clean it in a car wash.

Qxxx said:
Pretty cool Sophia, first thing you see when you come in the door. Notice how they tend to brighten up the room. You know how I build things: (a) measure twice, (b) cut to fit, (c ) file to match. No matter how meticulous I am with (a) and (b), I always have to do (c ). It never fails. 

Now the big question is, what's the carpet gonna look like that goes in front of the desk? The good thing about "not" installing permanent carpet is, something removable can be taken out and more easily cleaned. Mine is polypropylene and I can clean it in a car wash.
I have a blue and white runner in my kitchen... I' ll wash it and throw it in there, It is narrow enough to fit.
And for (c ) I use sandpaper.

Sofisintown said:
Ok, so I cut the 'fake' drawer short, and went to put the doors back on the cabinets, and
I found out that I had painted one piece upside down, and the left one was on the right side.  :mad:
So I had to drill all new holes for the knobs and the hinges and the little magnets that keep them closed.  And I didn't know that they are sooooo hard to line up.

As usual, a 15 minute job took me 3 hours, but hey! Hardship builds character, yeah?
What a great entry piece. Its like looking out  windows. Nice work!

Very cool desk with a sink. Is this for your kitchen, or art? I like the idea of not having to get up to wash paintbrushes.

My story today is that it is hot out there and I'm just trying to get through the day. Grateful for an air conditioner. Won't try to unload any more boxes until near sunset when it cools down. I had some fun unpacking things I hadn't seen in nearly a year.