24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m new to this forum so forgive me if I post my question in a wrong place.
I’m not on Facebook nor I want to be on it, so I was wondering how this forum compares to similar group discussions on FB? Am I missing a lot?
I hate the FB format. IMO, it is conducive to quick remarks, and not serious discussions. I'm only on FB because there are a few FB groups I like to keep in touch with. Plus their ad-heavy pages load very slowly or not at all when you're parked at the limits of cell coverage, where this site will often load (not quickly, but it does load).

And contrary to others, I LIKE moderation.

So no, you're not missing a thing.

Squirrel Launching..
Sayonara Baby! :)

Lightning,
you light up my life! :)

( I know someone struck twice)

Lightening strikes water

Lightning strikes cow

Lightning Strikes family

Well, I’m home... my diesel heater is getting a workout! Haha! Next 48 hours were supposed to get 7 more inches!
I’ll never see Minnesota in December, January, February again. March and November are in that list too. If I even think about leaving in February next year... the only thing worse is visiting Parker hospital! Haha!
Shout out to yarc folks. People like Liz, Maki2, B&C (Brian), abnorm (the Doug) and Paulette, John and Cammy, our new friend Deb, Sherry, Jessie, Jacqueg... wow, what a good time.
What a great community... really enjoyed you all. Doug, you sure help a lot of people. A persons heart breaks seeing the need out there. I think the howa deal in April sounds like a necessary deal. Vanaid really showed us that! Liz... Kira misses you everyday. She has her friends here. But man she loved you. It was very fun working with all of you guys. My hands really locked up coming north. Today is a memorial for a friend. Before I put two and two together I even drove over to an area in New Mexico she wanted to go to. When it hit me who and how died I sorta lost it there for a day. Still feel bad, but I’m able to let go. Every friend a person makes is a gift. My yarc friends are quite the gift! Even when drama strikes or whatever... haha! You folks rock!!!
Miss Wondering around... I hope one day you can experience these wonderful people. Are they perfect? Heck no! Who is?
Well, I gotta get to work. I can’t even get into my garage without climbing over quite the snow bank. (That’s where my snowshoes are) haha!

Attachments

• F5B0E4C4-323F-4E9A-BC01-E9F5BAD98F35.jpeg
    F5B0E4C4-323F-4E9A-BC01-E9F5BAD98F35.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 73DEB2BD-7500-4F30-A06F-F686A759D746.jpeg
    73DEB2BD-7500-4F30-A06F-F686A759D746.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 11
Ben you are truly missed......It was a great Season of Work and Fun......

Sorry you've had so much troubles going home......Thanks and see ya down the road............

Thought I would go into town on errands this afternoon but then the winter storm showed back up with both rain and strong winds out of the north as well as bringing colder temps with it.... oh well ... tomorrow is another day :)

Hey, where's everybody at? I keep checking back on this thread and its the same. I had total reverse shoulder replacement on January 20th and after 2 months of PT (pain & torture) I can almost make a fist. Haha. So no motorcycling, no camping, and no Quartzite. I have been surviving on the posts from the forum. I hope everyone is doing ok. Jeff

Things have been sort of slow here lately. At least you have gotten some good training for getting old. If you think it hurts now wait a few years! Hope for the best for you!

I am in Quartzsite camped at La Posa South with several other forum members. But by the end of March most of us will have begun to migrate to cooler areas. I will be heading tow a rds Lake Havasu for a short stay and then on up to Pahrump for most likely a month or so before moving on elsewhere searching out that ever desirable 70's degrees range of temps.

This last few weeks at Quartzsite I will be busy working on some build projects. Thursday I am going to be using Abnorms new square ferrule crimper to add ferrules on the ends of the wire that go into the solar controller. That will certainly make it easier to disconnect and reconnect wires from the controller. It will be much easier to fit a square up wire end into a square hole than forcing in a round wire with strands trying to go every which way into that slot. I had to do that manuever last week and it was very much like trying to herd a litter of 6 week old wild kittens.

I got curious about why we have not seen Travelaround posting since January so I took a look at her youtube video channel. She has been feeling tired and battling a candida yeast infection that caused rashes so she says she has not been in the mood for posting much of anything anywhere.

If you care to see what she has to say herself you can see it on her youtube channel "Linda Book Lady".

Bullfrog, thanks for the encouragement, but I feel by now at 74 I have a PHD in pain. Haha. I do think the PT is helping my range of motion. I wish you nomads calm winds and fair temperatures. Glad to hear from you.

Hey, where's everybody at? I keep checking back on this thread and its the same. I had total reverse shoulder replacement on January 20th and after 2 months of PT (pain & torture) I can almost make a fist. Haha. So no motorcycling, no camping, and no Quartzite. I have been surviving on the posts from the forum. I hope everyone is doing ok. Jeff

Much of the discussion that used to happen in this thread was sort of taken up by Nature Lovers new thread about keeping in touch when he couldnt find this one after the forum upgrade.

Ive sort of missed this thread as well, besides transitioning to the other thread as a daily thing, some of the regulars havent been here as much since the upgrade, since aliens took over the forum and what-not. :)

It is slow because winter time means many persons are in Southern Arizona interacting in person with each other. This winter approx 7 of the people who participate in the particular thread have, off-and on, since mid November been camping together at La Posa South. why go online when you can chat in person? Of course it is now getting towards the end of the winter social season so people are dispersing to other places. So as many camp solo in summer the online chat traffic might pick up.

Maki, you and the others are missed when this thread to the community goes slow. Those of us who for whatever reason enjoy and feel connected to the group because of these conversations thank you for this thread. Viva Spring and the life it brings.

It is slow because winter time means many persons are in Southern Arizona interacting in person with each other. This winter approx 7 of the people who participate in the particular thread have, off-and on, since mid November been camping together at La Posa South. why go online when you can chat in person? Of course it is now getting towards the end of the winter social season so people are dispersing to other places. So as many camp solo in summer the online chat traffic might pick up.
Thanks, that makes sense.

As you said, its also getting on to the season for going to higher elevations. Ive enjoyed your posts when you were up around Flagstaff and Williams last year, I love that country in the summer and was familiar with some of the places. I hope to get back around there again one day.

And then there are those of us who are working at our sticks and bricks and looking forward to summer and being out and about more..... But when it is winter and we are boring in winter.. not much to chat about.

Well, Travel Around... I hope your feeling better. It’s pushing April and we are not getting the sap for cooking like in past years. It’s cold and although the snow I came back to has diminished some, we keep getting more! Since I’ve been home my hands have not been my friend. And cortisone did nothing to help. Well maybe help make it worse. Haha. I’m about ready to blow this pop stand! Haha! Missing the people I wintered some with. Abnorm, macki2, b&c... the rest I don’t remember their monikers. But wow, I’m ready to go... west that is. Safe travels and good health to all... I may sound down... I’m not really. Just look forward to the better days ahead!

Still hanging out in Quartzsite. The next 3 days will be hot but with a strong breeze. But on Monday that big cold front up north will bring with it some more comfortable temps.

I thought I would have left by now but I have stuck around as I am actually making some daily progress on finishing my interior wood trim. Unfortunately I am not a human dynamo or I would have been done with this final trim out stuff a couple of years ago.

Guess I will stick around until the next heat wave to arrive after that cold front is gone. Or until April 15, which ever arrives 1st. La Posa South is no longer overcrowded so it is much quieter now. Still camping with old friends and a few new ones too.

That cold front is hitting us tonight. It's been seesawing weather wise here. Coupla days ago we had temps in the mid 80's, then a massive rain event, and dropped to the 70s, today it's been super windy and we're expecting lows in the mid 30s overnight. I had to get my plants off the porch, cover things up in the garden and drape my Guava Tree in plastic...

We're going right back up on Sunday though... Around here, the best chance for a late snowstorm has always been at the tail end of Apr. With the really weird weather we've been having, we might just get one...

Cheers!

Latest posts