24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah,the reason most folks like camping in the great outdoors is so they can listen to some idiot playing a boom box.
It's OK. Nobody is going to disturb your solitude. Ambient music is an acquired taste. It does not include 40hz blasters and stupid (idiot) looks. I've seen live performances that last for hours. It's nothing more than mood music. An outdoor concert of this style music is no more disturbing than a bunch of wild Nomads sitting around a campfire with acoustic guitars, flutes, and Native American worship drums. I'm pretty sure I can find a nice place where you are not disturbed.

It's OK. Nobody is going to disturb your solitude. Ambient music is an acquired taste. It does not include 40hz blasters and stupid (idiot) looks. I've seen live performances that last for hours. It's nothing more than mood music. An outdoor concert of this style music is no more disturbing than a bunch of wild Nomads sitting around a campfire with acoustic guitars, flutes, and Native American worship drums. I'm pretty sure I can find a nice place where you are not disturbed.
quartzsite at La Posa South on Friday nights at the "Lit Cactus". Ther is a campfire and live acoustic music with guitars and other instruments such as flutes and various types of drums. The Lit Cactus has been added to google maps as an official pinned location.There is a facebook group page created for it.

You may never know if that prevented it or you simply avoided acquiring it.

Ok, it's been pointed out there is not enough posting here to keep this thread in rotation. This is my attempt to rectify that. Oh, I have nothing really to say, just wanted to post something.

Is it really falling out of rotation?
Either way here's a question from me (since it's chat about anything) that I have been wanting to know for awhile ... where do cows go during a hurricane? On my last trip (especially the part between Cameron, LA, and Palacios, TX) I saw a lot of cows in hurricane country. They must represent a major investment to their humans. Do they just put 'em in a barn? What if the barn blows away? There must be some kind of system but I can't imagine what it is. Curious minds want to know.

I think all animals, domesticated, livestock and wild, are vulnerable in any kind of massive storm.

Thanks for telling me this thread was still here. I don’t know why when you guys were replying around 15 January that it didn’t appear on my info. I will have to put down that I want to follow this one. Like I say I’m slow about technology and stuck on the old ways. Wishing all the best as I always say to my friends and my Enemas.

Is it really falling out of rotation?
Either way here's a question from me (since it's chat about anything) that I have been wanting to know for awhile ... where do cows go during a hurricane? On my last trip (especially the part between Cameron, LA, and Palacios, TX) I saw a lot of cows in hurricane country. They must represent a major investment to their humans. Do they just put 'em in a barn? What if the barn blows away? There must be some kind of system but I can't imagine what it is. Curious minds want to know.
Depends on how the cows are kept, doesn't it? In a fenced pasture near a barn, I'm sure the owners do what they can. On open range, the cows have to fend for themselves.

If you look up hurricane names on youtube, you will see many videos about livestock (non-pet) rescues.

Living several years in Arkansas got to see several things learn to fly!

That movie scene when the cow goes spiraling up in the twister.

They most likely have insurance to cover their investment in livestock.

I’m new to this forum so forgive me if I post my question in a wrong place.
I’m not on Facebook nor I want to be on it, so I was wondering how this forum compares to similar group discussions on FB? Am I missing a lot?

I think they all function similarly. Over the years, I've been active various times in a couple of other independent forums besides this one and on Facebook and LinkedIn. As far as I can tell it's not the platform, it's how the participants and moderators behave.

It's just like meatspace -- you could meet nice people in New Hampshire and awful ones in Arizona or equally well vice versa. And yeah, if you're in New Hampshire you're missing something in Arizona. And if you spend too much time in forums you'll miss fresh air, puppies, and beer. To live is to miss out. (I'm sure you know that, I just felt like saying it anyway.)

Here at least I don't feel like anyone is yanking my chain to get "likes" or clicks or whatever. I could be wrong, bwaaaa! but this seems very straightforward and that's something to be grateful for.