24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm wondering where to find an oriental rug like that. I really like that it has some wear.

Where did you get that rug..ws?
I can't imagine many 2nd hand nice rugs are on the market. At least those affordable to me?.:)

Looks great Wanderingsoul !!! What cot did you get ?    Love that you can sit up straight on the bed ... 

Today I ordered a Go Girl .... I have no idea what lies ahead for me .... so I’m planning on “what if “.  Gonna try to hold out till August....slowly getting ready little by little .

Cold front with some showers  has moved into AZ.  Woke up this morning with my typical arthritis aches and pains in my shoulders, neck and back. It has been several months since that visited my joints. Moved a bit further north to Kingman AZ area for a couple of nights before heading East. Next stop after that will be near Seligman until it gets a bit warmer in Williams.

It is a bit tricky right now to find weather not too windy, too hot or too cold. That is the way it goes in Spring. But I am enjoying the journey. I will fire up my diesel heater/stove this evening and in the morning too. It does need to get used now and again to keep it performing at its best. Quite likely I  will be needing it most days in these higher elevations for the next month.

I got some more of the EVA foam floor puzzle mats at Lowes while camped in Lake Havasu. I am using that closed cell foam to add insulation on the outside of my Norcold (Engel) 17 liter fridge. Those mats come in a package of 4 for $20.00.  The thickness is about 5/8". Excellent insulation for this type of application. Easy to cut and it makes no mess. It is very durable as it is sold for use on the floors in workshops. I do not have space for sheets of thick ridgid foam.

Gypsy108 said:
Looks great Wanderingsoul !!! What cot did you get ?    Love that you can sit up straight on the bed ... 

Today I ordered a Go Girl .... I have no idea what lies ahead for me .... so I’m planning on “what if “.  Gonna try to hold out till August....slowly getting ready little by little .

It's a Zinus narrow twin cot from Amazon. :)

AARRRGGGHHH forum won't let me do stuff!

desert sailing, the rug I got is by nuLoom and it's called 'Erline' I believe. JC PEnney has it, Lowe's Hardware has it online. A lot of other places have it. I don't remember where I got it but I looked for the cheapest.

If you Google search 'bohemian rugs' you will find 100s like this. Do that search on Amazon and have fun! It was a hard choice between about four rugs for me. I still get lots of rug ads on FB and one came through the other day that I wanted so bad but it was very expensive, $200. This one I got wasn't near that much.

'Distressed' rugs/bohemian rugs are quite popular right now.

Wanderingsoul your rig really looks comfy and cozy. AND even organized!!!! Want a job?

Cammalu said:
Wanderingsoul your rig really looks comfy and cozy. AND even organized!!!!  Want a job?

Haha if you want organized, you want my daughter.  I learned from her. :p

maki, for a long time it was cold/wet weather set my arthritis off.  Now for the last couple years, my arthritis is at it's worst when the weather is changing from not nice to warm and sunny.  Strange huh?

Oh man, the internet. I feel like I'm being spied on (hint: you are).

I'm reading an article about something that was posted on Reddit and the right side of the screen is a very busy ad for rugs at JC Penney. lol

desert_sailing said:
So I'm wondering where to find an oriental rug like that. I really like that it has some wear.

Where did you get that rug..ws?
I can't imagine many  2nd hand nice rugs are on the market. At least those affordable to me?.:)
I love the rug too.
We get lots of pretty rugs in most of our thrift stores around here 3 of the 4 in my house are from thrift stores..... Just gotta keep looking and be there at the right times.
I like the bed looks comfy. I also like the prayer flags.

Also try Rugs.com. They have a huge selection of those new-but-look-old oriental rugs and they're always on sale.

Good rugs, low prices, and good customer service.

Johnny

I think that's the site that's been stalking me on FB and tormenting me with that beautiful blue rug called Calypso that I want so bad for my traveling lanai.

I'm packing the van up and having so much fun and I'M SO EXCITED! I foound a use for the shallow compartment by the cup holders in back, it now holds a couple boxes of Japanese incense and a couple packets of Indian incense.

You know how when you camp in the woods you're not supposed to have food in your van or strong smelling toiletries so you don't attract bears? I wonder if the smell of incense would attract them?

My granny used to have an enormous authentic silk persian rug. And I love the nostalgia it gives me especially when they show wear and tear and faded colors. I know nowadays they are super expensive... And I'm certain others don't let the old ones go very often because of the nostalgia as well.

Rugs.com.. lol

https://rugs.com/ivory-10x13-tabriz-persian-rug-21826120?pos=5&rt=aisle

146,000$ regular price reduced to 38,000$

Capitalist greed on full display.

Noah get the boat!!!

When I was very young my aunt used to babysit me while my mother and father worked. Their living room was about 2/3 covered by a beautiful Persian rug. Then later on when I got older it wasn't anymore, just regular wall to wall carpet. After they both passed and their sisters were cleaning out the house and asked me if I wanted anything I asked about that carpet. It was nowhere to be found.

wanderingsoul said:
You know how when you camp in the woods you're not supposed to have food in your van or strong smelling toiletries so you don't attract bears?  I wonder if the smell of incense would attract them?
Don't know about the bears, but you could always use them to calm bees, I guess :rolleyes:

Incense will attract hippies as well as rangers. They are as much trouble as the bears.

Camped among the pines today near Williams AZ. Not sure how long I will linger here, maybe 1 or 2 days, or maybe 14. Good cell signal. Not a long drive into town but a slow one as the forest service road is gravel with a bit of wash boarding. I have to take it slow pulling my little trailer on that type of surface. The FS road leads to Dog Lake but I just stopped at one of the many pullouts along the road. I chose one that makes a loop and did not have too big of a dip leading of the main road.

I am enjoying the green trees and grass after a winter in the desert. Not too hot and not too cold. But I will have to check the forecast to see what is coming along for this next week.

After 2 nights in Kingman I headed East to higher elevations in AZ and B&C headed north to Nevada visit friends.

maki2 said:
The FS road leads to Dog Lake but I just stopped at one of the many pullouts along the road. I chose one that makes a loop and did not have too big of a dip leading of the main road.
I wouldn't recommend pulling the trailer further down that road. It's probably possible but it would be hairy. A lot of locals go to Dog Lake and it gets crowded. The one time I did it in the van I had every 4x4 idiot in AZ dogging my bumper. I'm leaving Kingman tomorrow. It's hot enough today but I had to resupply. Don't know yet where I'm going. Either Williams or possibly a spot I've never been west of Vegas. I stayed at that dispersed spot in Williams for a couple weeks last year. Water machine at Circle K and propane at KOA. Safeway in town

Latest posts