1993 Ford Club Wagon (Juanita born again)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually hoping I don't have to try any of them! But, I suspect one or more will have to be used. I did like the idea that was posted somewhere in these forums about using acetate to remove adhesive because there's a lot left around the junction between high top and van, where the headliner was left on... that and I need to redo my nails!!

AbuelaLoca said:
:angel:  Big Man Upstairs is still on my side!! Talked to the mechanic today and he said all the plugs, wires, hoses, etc., that a tune-up would address are in great shape so they didn't do it (and I don't have to pay for it) and the air conditioner was already converted to the new freon stuff, so they wanted to leave the rear unit on and just fix it all up nice and neat and charge it up too... YES!! 
I'm thinking the Big Man Upstairs is not the only one that likes you. :p

It's great for everything to have at least two functions when living in a small space - the goo remover and nail polish remover in one [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cammalu said:
It's great for everything to have at least two functions when living in a small space - the goo remover and nail polish remover in one [emoji1]

And if you ever really need the polish off, brake fluid works as well!!

I discovered that by accident when I was maybe 15... :D :D 

I was always, from the time I could walk, Dad's best helper in the garage...I learned many interesting things including that brake fluid ruins a nice nail paint job faster than nail polish does.... :rolleyes:

I also learned that I could coat my hands and the underside of my finger nails in that old-fashioned white cream hand cleaner, get really greasy and still be able to go out that night looking like a princess.... :angel:

Unfortunately today, all the stuff I learned has to just be theoretical in nature, technology got way ahead of me.

AbuelaLoca said:
I need to keep better track of what this is costing me, so I'm going to start with this post and add to it as I go!

Van - $900
State inspection - $12
License & tags - $122.61
Small tools - $21.57
Rags & cleaning stuff - $8.60
Seat belt sockets & plate screws - $30.25
Door cable repair kit - $24.95
Reflectix for windows - $16.09
Geocel for high top leak - $25.82
Bed - $104.17
Mattress - $98.95

Total so far: $1365

No-see-um fabric - $15.54
Window tint - $38.88
Bungee cords - $12.02
Shop work on A/C and removing handicap strips - $188.12

Total so far: $1619.56

I should be able to get someone to take me to the shop to pick her up today... let the fun begin!!!

So glad you got the AC working... I saw the dreaded R12 on my unit today and am weighing up my options. My power window motors are in a bad way, so I need to figure something out!!

Love following Juanita's progress!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You're getting there, Juanita is going to be stylin'!!

Almost There - aren't accidental discoveries fun... I found out deet will melt your plastic eyeglasses if you're not very careful, same thing with your watch (back when we wore those).

thehellend said:
So glad you got the AC working... I saw the dreaded R12 on my unit today and am weighing up my options. My power window motors are in a bad way, so I need to figure something out!!
Totally lucked out that the conversion was already done!! I will eventually chase the 70 degree weather, but probably not the first year or two!

So in the interest of feeling like I've done "something" now that I have Juanita home again, my daughter and I made templates for 4 of the windows and then made reflectix coverings for them... One came out the wrong size but is easily fixed, but the other three were spot on!! This makes me happy because we'll be using the reflectix as templates for the tint... We have some major cleaning of the van to do before that, though, so I wanted the window coverings to keep the nosey neighbors guessing!!!

windowtemplate1.jpg

Newspaper template

reflectixcovering1.jpg

My new window covering!!

Attachments

• windowtemplate1.jpg
    windowtemplate1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 10
  • reflectixcovering1.jpg
    reflectixcovering1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 13
Nice!
Will stealth be a factor for you, or are you keeping the outward facing side of the Reflectix shiny?

Stealth is not an issue, but privacy is. I will be living in it for about a year in the small, rural community I live in now, so I just don't want anyone to see in! I will be tinting the windows so I can see while driving, but keeping light in and out is the goal! I will be leaving the outside of the reflectix shiny, but the windows will be tinted, so I don't think anyone will notice in the dark.

Good job!!!! Progress!

Feels good to finally have the project underway...doesn't it?

Take some pix of the interior. I can never get enough of watching conversions the upgrades. Always get new ideas!

Congrats on getting her home.

She's just so ugly right now!! I'm hoping to repost those earlier yucky pics with some new project accomplished pics!! Gotta get that old flooring up before anything else gets done, so might be a couple of weeks!!

Headache.... too bad that isn't written in English.

I got a headache trying to figure out what it meant. Those numbers ... on a scale of what to what. What it is a "b side"?

None of the notation for the table meant a darn thing.

Can I get a translation for Florida. (The beast is registered in FL)

Belinda...did you understand this? Maybe a translation for each state would help a lot of people here