1993 Ford Club Wagon (Juanita born again)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AbuelaLoca

Reaction score
Well, she is finally home and in my drive (actually the side yard). I don't know when anything will start, but here are some pictures as she sits now:

HomeAtLast50.jpg

From the front passenger side

JunkTrunk50.jpg

From the rear... not sure if you can see the metal latch they've put there... funny, but will cost me!

PassengerDoorView50.jpg

Looking into the passenger side doors... bench seat will go away!

InsideBackDoors50.jpg

Inside the back doors

TheFloor50.jpg

The floor with those tracks to strap in a wheelchair

I thought I was nervous just waiting to get her home... now my stomach is churning over all the things that will need to get done! Deep breaths!

Attachments

• HomeAtLast50.jpg
    HomeAtLast50.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 48
  • JunkTrunk50.jpg
    JunkTrunk50.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 47
  • PassengerDoorView50.jpg
    PassengerDoorView50.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 40
  • InsideBackDoors50.jpg
    InsideBackDoors50.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 35
  • TheFloor50.jpg
    TheFloor50.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 37
Now you have a full time hobby.   :cool:

Congratulations! We just traded our 1993 Ford Club Wagon in. We bought it in 1997 for $14,000, and we got our money's worth out of it!

Snow Gypsy said:
Congratulations!  We just traded our 1993 Ford Club Wagon in.  We bought it in 1997 for $14,000, and we got our money's worth out of it!

Was it a camper van? Do you have pictures? Not much out there on this kind of van with all those dang windows!

Yay!!! Congrats on your new baby! Will look forward to see what she becomes. <3

Our Club Wagon wasn't a camper van, just a conversion with the backseat folding into a bed. Ours was only 17' too.

What are you hoping to accomplish in the conversion? I bet there is a plan out there really close and maybe pictures. I love looking at pictures, so if I had an idea, I could search some forums, etc. Considered converting for awhile and saw so many great choices. Our windows were tinted very dark, you could use the porti-potti going down the highway! Not the driver, of course!

Time to make the curtains!!!!! Yay for you!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay congrats! highdesertstranger is commanding you to start work, because he is anxiously waiting for those metal tracks  :D

I am currently thinking of totally building over both rear side windows... maybe. At least the driver's side rear window will be covered - with 99% probability.

Glad you got er home, now Juanita gets a makeover, how cool is that?

AbuelaLoca said:
Was it a camper van? Do you have pictures? Not much out there on this kind of van with all those dang windows!

Limo tint the windows and then apply dark covered reflectex over the ones you don't want to use (that will be blocked by cabinets, bed, etc). Will just look like a normal van from the outside so great for stealth.

Snow Gypsy said:
Our Club Wagon wasn't a camper van, just a conversion with the backseat folding into a bed.  Ours was only 17' too.  

What are you hoping to accomplish in the conversion?  I bet there is a plan out there really close and maybe pictures.  I love looking at pictures, so if I had an idea, I could search some forums, etc.  Considered converting for awhile and saw so many great choices.  Our windows were tinted very dark, you could use the porti-potti going down the highway!  Not the driver, of course!

Sleeping, cooking, working and chilling! I've seen a couple of build outs with the bed running the length of the van instead of across and that really appeals to me. The kitchen/pantry/wardrobe would run down the other side. Passenger seat swivel with footstool for relaxing. Can use my laptop anywhere to work. I think Bob's video of Sassy's van was a plan I liked, and then a woman on YouTube named Colette White set her kitchen up really nice. I go back and forth with every build I see  :-/

Dgorila1 said:
Limo tint the windows and then apply dark covered reflectex over the ones you don't want to use (that will be blocked by cabinets, bed, etc). Will just look like a normal van from the outside so great for stealth.

Definitely going to tint windows but will work hard to not cover any permanently. Going to look into the foam board construction for "upper cabinets" over the bed.

Congrats!

I know that feeling of the constant churning (stomach and brain) over the long "do list"

It's been 8 months....the feeling is still with me. I guess you get used to it.

But...it is in your driveway! Yea!

Feel free to borrow ideas from everywhere till you get it your way. That's a custom interior!

I worked on her electrical, and I was impressed ~~~ extremely impressed by her build.  

I would have done a couple things differently, but then it would not work as well for her needs.  What I want is not the same as what others want. :shy:   There are a lot of great ideas in how she designed Arabella. Evert time I asked "why" she had a great reason that made perfect sense for her needs.  

Your build will be for your needs.   :cool:

Of course, if you've got lots of time and money, you could always go for something like this:

Attachments

• traditional-gypsy-vardo-bohemian-interiors-the-flying-tortoise-001.jpg
    traditional-gypsy-vardo-bohemian-interiors-the-flying-tortoise-001.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 39