1993 Ford Club Wagon (Juanita born again)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see I`m not the only one with a big project in the works.

It seems never ending, doesn`t it ?.

And what it really comes down to is time and money, and there is never enough of either one.

AbuelaLoca said:
I remember that picture! No, I don't have those in my high top... Here's a picture of the inside of mine.

Is that the raw fiberglass inside your van or is coated or finished? So the wood reinforcement cannot be seen?

I want to paint my FG roof white (to reflect the heat) and then I don't want to sacrifice any height on the inside either. I'm lucky I can stand up in the area behind the drivers cab!

Have you tried this insulating paint yet?

What surface will it cover without primer? Or..is there a special primer needed?

Lizard skin seems hard to order....so, I may just go with this. I want to paint the doghouse (vinyl), that is why I am asking about primer.

I should have warned you about sika. Once cured it seems to be immortal! But, it is amazing stuff.

I haven't tested yet because once I open the cans, I want to be able to paint the whole ceiling soon thereafter. I keep telling folks my dance card is full, but family and friend obligations are pouring in anyway! I am also trying to get out of my house by the 31st!! I haven't managed to get much of that done either! On the other hand, she's a dream to drive and as long as I take frequent breaks I should be good!!