1993 Ford Club Wagon (Juanita born again)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now... here's the pictures that I want you to tell me what's what... this was the wire that connected up the wheel chair lift in the back of the van. Can I leave this and someday hook it to my "house" batteries?? One of the red cables runs all the way underneath the van to the back.

ExtraWiring.jpg

ExtraWiring1.jpg

ExtraWiring2.jpg

ExtraWiring3.jpg

Attachments

• ExtraWiring.jpg
    ExtraWiring.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 14
  • ExtraWiring1.jpg
    ExtraWiring1.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 13
  • ExtraWiring2.jpg
    ExtraWiring2.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 15
  • ExtraWiring3.jpg
    ExtraWiring3.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 19
That's closer to what I'm after!! I think I can con someone into making me something like that!!

yes you can use the wire, but that wiring is ugly at best. those types of battery terminals are for emergency use only. those terminals should never be used for a permanent solution. who ever did that wiring is a .............. well never mind that. that appears to be a circuit breaker, right? I would redo the wiring with new terminals on all the wires. get some military terminals for the battery. waterproof heat shrink on all the terminals cut off and don't use any wire with internal corrosion, it appears you have corrosion on the wire on the right side of the breaker. highdesertranger

Does that circuit breaker help me in using both solar and the vehicle to charge my house batteries??

that breaker looks pretty old and weathered. does it say what it's rated for? highdesertranger

Bwahahaha... I thought it looked like one of the newest things on the damn van! I will check out what she says on the label tomorrow. Thanks for your answers!!

it looks all hooked up which would mean the other end of the red wire that goes to the back is live
i would remove the box and wire to battery,clean up those terminals,leave the wire to back for a solenoid but do inspect the wire for damage

Nothing new happening, but wanting to keep track of the money spent so far...

AbuelaLoca Wrote: said:
I need to keep better track of what this is costing me, so I'm going to start with this post and add to it as I go!

Van - $900
State inspection - $12
License & tags - $122.61
Small tools - $21.57
Rags & cleaning stuff - $8.60
Seat belt sockets & plate screws - $30.25
Door cable repair kit - $24.95
Reflectix for windows - $16.09
Geocel for high top leak - $25.82
Bed - $104.17
Mattress - $98.95

Total so far: $1365
AbuelaLoca Wrote: said:
No-see-um fabric - $15.54
Window tint - $38.88
Bungee cords - $12.02
Shop work on A/C and removing handicap strips - $188.12

Total so far: $1619.56

I should be able to get someone to take me to the shop to pick her up today... let the fun begin!!!
Striker plates and other misc from junk yard - $50
Sikaflex - $23.70
IR Thermometer - $10.97
Luci lights - $19.59
Screwdrivers - $3.76
5 gal bucket, cup holders, etc. - $8.00
Glues and tapes - $9.40
Tail lamp assy - $32.78
Back door latch cables - $41.16
Small dresser - $32
Ceramic insulating paint - $128
Total so far: $1978.92

Wow, you're doing this on very little money, impressive!!

Can you tell me where you got your no-see-um fabric? We're wanting to try overnighting in the back of our truck, but want to leave the topper hatch open for a breeze, so I need to make some sort of screen.

Thanks! Our truck is completely black, so black mesh should work beautifully.

One thing about no-seeum screen.
It does block a significant amount of airflow.
If there ARE no-seeums , you won't care !

rvpopeye said:
One thing about no-seeum screen.
It does block a significant amount of airflow.
If there ARE no-seeums , you won't care !

I swear to god, I think they are 95% teeth, little bastards!

I bought one of those cheap mosquito nets from Walmart that was big enough to drape over the topper and tailgate opening on my truck and it worked great but tears easily if you put your weight on it trying to get out in the middle of the night!

AbuelaLoca said:
Nothing new happening, but wanting to keep track of the money spent so far...

Striker plates and other misc from junk yard - $50
Sikaflex - $23.70
IR Thermometer - $10.97
Luci lights - $19.59
Screwdrivers - $3.76
5 gal bucket, cup holders, etc. - $8.00
Glues and tapes - $9.40
Tail lamp assy - $32.78
Back door latch cables - $41.16
Small dresser - $32
Ceramic insulating paint - $128
Total so far: $1978.92
I'm wondering about the ceramic insulating paint and what you know about it? Does it replace insulation or radiant barrier or will you use it with one or the other or both?

AbuelaLoca said:
Hey Kat... I'm going to do an experiment with the paint to see if it works... I have a thread about it here:

https://vanlivingforum.com/Thread-Hy-Tech-Insulating-Paints-for-Fiberglass-High-Top

I'm hoping to finally get some patches up now that I've finally obtained an IR thermometer!
Hello! Thanks for the link! Can't wait for our test results. While I'm thinking about it. Do u know if your van has the same metal crossbars under the liner that minmeta? Mine are far to low being about 5'4" from subfloor at its lowest point.

There are wooden supports in my hightop (at least I think they're wood), but I'm not sure if that's what you mean by "crossbars"?