1993 Ford Club Wagon (Juanita born again)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is Missouri.  5% limo tint is OK as long as it is not on windshield or two front doors.

I know that in MO the back side and rear windows can be any tint, but they want to be able to see the driver from the front side windows and the windshield, so those have to be a very light tint if at all. I ordered the tint and have received it, but one day of work usually puts me down for a couple, so I haven't gotten back to it, yet!! I'm only a perfectionist when I try to do things myself, so allowing my daughter to do the cutting has lessened my stress on whether they fit "perfectly" or not! Of course, her stress in trying to make me happy is through the roof, but I keep assuring her it doesn't have to be perfect LOL

I just ordered the Hy-Tech Insulating Paint and the primer. Trish, the sales lady, said it would work great on the fiberglass top, so a gallon of primer and a gallon of the paint (I've forgotten the type, but will update when I get the email) is $79 plus shipping made it $117 and some change. Will be here Monday. Super stoked to be just painting on the insulation. I'm more than happy to be the guinea pig for this product!!

Hy-Tech Insulating Paints

I will be posting this exact same message in the Insulation Folder, so if you want to "discuss" it, that might be a better place!

AbuelaLoca said:
(...) I ordered the tint and have received it (...) 

The following vandweller does a pretty good job in explaining how to make a good tint. He has been working as a professional window tinter for many years...
He had some tricks and tips I was not aware of.
[video=youtube]

Thank you for putting that here! I'll go over that a few times before I finally do the tint. Ha!!

I just had my windows tinted. Here is a great site for the laws:
http://tintlaws.com/

Sounds like it's too late, but I got ceramic tint on my van and I am stunned at how much cooler it is. it was $140 more than the regular tint, but that's a bargain!! Well worth it.

Be aware it is not true that all states will honor the laws of the home state the van is registered in. Some states will ticket you even if you are legal in your state but are illegal in theirs.

Some states even vary by county and region.

http://tintlaws.com/window-tint-ticket.php

AbuelaLoca- watch out, maybe "ceramic" tint won't work! haha (inside joke!!!)

I suspect Cali is more "fussy" about this; at least someone I know back in 80's was stopped because at the time California didn't allow tint on front side windows vs. the state they were from. Officer was apparently threatening to have her scrap tint off right then and there. I notice Cali is strict about some things however when it comes to taxpayers, throw it all around.

CautionToTheWind said:
AbuelaLoca- watch out, maybe "ceramic" tint won't work! haha (inside joke!!!)

A little deja moo!

Thanks for the info, Bob! Truthfully, I'm probably willing to get a ticket the first year or two because I'm not sure where I'll be traveling to. After that, I'll find the resident state that serves me best and learn to be a true snowbird!

IMG_20170429_173458.jpg

Not sure if you can see, but my leaking window appears to be the seal?? Looks like water is coming in between the seal and the metal of the van... I'll have to get a quote on replacing the seal, yeehaw.

Attachments

• IMG_20170429_173458.jpg
    IMG_20170429_173458.jpg
    787.7 KB · Views: 15
Anyway you can figure out how to pop that window yourself?

Save a ton of money...and then you know the new seal is done right.

I learned how to remove, reseal, and put back the windows on my beast by watching utube videos.

Amazing the stuff you can learn online these days

I don't think it's possible for me to do it, even with help, because the window is about 5 feet from the ground on the outside and it's like 42" long or something... I forget even though we just did all the measuring for the reflectix window shades! I might try to get a "home" mechanic (somebody who does it on the side) to do it if they need some extra money, but I'll need a quote from the glass company or dealer first... I don't need a new window, so that's something, I think...

I'm having one of those Gunny days (love ya, Gunny) or Jewellann days (love ya, Jewellann)... everything that could go wrong has, and I've somehow managed to hurt my heel without actually doing anything to it... And... it's still raining here and I think Juanita's just going to float away anyway. Yeah...

Watch out for Mark's mobile glass.  2 star rating in CoMo. 

All of the local companies have repaired their screw ups because they do not honor their waranty.

My son-in-law is having problems with them right now... his windshield is still leaking after being repaired twice!

While I've got you here... the tint that arrived was insta-tint... is that what y'all used on Bleep's mobile?

Yep.  Easy on, and easy off in an emergency.

I used it on my windows also.

There was no link to the "van similiar to yours". On pinterest, very few of those have windows all around as I do. The buses do, but they have higher windows so regular size cabinets can work. I want to keep all my windows uncovered by cabinets, so I will be modifying some of my existing furniture I think. Everything feels pretty far away right now, because I can't do anything... frustrating to say the least! So, once I finish the gutting of the interior and fix the leak, I will start planning more on the interior. As always, I have more ideas than room to implement them all!

AbuelaLoca said:
There was no link to the "van similiar to yours". On pinterest, very few of those have windows all around as I do. The buses do, but they have higher windows so regular size cabinets can work. I want to keep all my windows uncovered by cabinets, so I will be modifying some of my existing furniture I think. Everything feels pretty far away right now, because I can't do anything... frustrating to say the least! So, once I finish the gutting of the interior and fix the leak, I will start planning more on the interior. As always, I have more ideas than room to implement them all!

Sorry thought it was a conversion van.

Here is a club wagon

http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/car-of-the-week/car-week-1966-ford-turtle-top-van

I just read you are having one of "those Gunny days", thanks for the smile.

Rob