Über Eats

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aesthetic Voyager

Reaction score
I do Über Eats delivery. Soon I’ll be doing it with the van that I’ll be living in. In my city you can use almost any car, pickup or minivan as long as it is no more than 20 years old regardless of condition. You just need to provide proof of insurance. Requirements vary from city to city.

What I like most about Über Eats is you don’t have to commit to a schedule. You can start and stop anytime you want.

You can also have your earnings deposited directly to your bank account whenever you want or just wait for the weekly deposit which comes on Thursdays usually.

If you decide you want to relocate to a different city or state, Über Eats is everywhere and growing. You can easily transfer. If you leave your base city for a few months or even a year and then go back to work for a while, your driver account may be temporarily suspended due to lack of activity but you can start it up again easily and start working again.

I’ve been in the taxi/rideshare industry for 12 years. Doing just Über Eats I can make $500-$600 per week easily and without trying that hard. Your experience may vary depending on the city.

If this interests you, message me privately for a promo code. There are various sign-up bonuses for new drivers depending on the city.

I hope this helps anyone looking for easy income.

Someone posted a negative judgmental :( response, that I responded to, that now can not be found.

Anyway, thank you to the OP for sharing.

Good, glad that was deleted. Uber eats sounds like it might be a good gig, in my observation of these kinds of things though getting in early and getting good ratings will give a competitive advantage to early drivers, eventually there will be more drivers than available orders, I suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Door Dash seems to be the most popular in my area, but Uber Eats is here, too. I've never used the service myself but my wife has used Door Dash at work. I'm not surprised drivers can make good money as the fees plus tip usually double the menu costs (ie $100 food bill would have fees and tip of another $100).

I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for the gig/sharing economy. Doing Lyft and Über brought me to a level of independence I’ve never had. I don’t do rides anymore. Just deliveries. The freedom is wonderful.

Travelmonkey said:
Door Dash seems to be the most popular in my area, but Uber Eats is here, too. I've never used the service myself but my wife has used Door Dash at work. I'm not surprised drivers can make good money as the fees plus tip usually double the menu costs (ie $100 food bill would have fees and tip of another $100).

We have DoorDash and GrubHub here as well but they don’t offer the same flexibility as Über Eats for drivers. Restauranteurs tell me they get way more business from Über Eats here. May be different in other cities.

Thanks for telling us about it. I am saving up for a van, but will need an income to travel once I get it. This sounds like it might be just what I am looking for. I can't be on my feet for long periods of time, so this could be a solution.

Another advantage of Über Eats, you can reject as many delivery requests as you want without penalty. I do it often when it wants me to drive 15 minutes away just to pick up a Big Mac for someone.

Pretty interesting story AV.

What part of the country are you in?? (or city?)

I live in a rather small coastal town, and I don't think we even have Uber available here.

Aesthetic Voyager said:
Another advantage of Über Eats, you can reject as many delivery requests as you want without penalty.  I do it often
when it wants me to drive 15 minutes away just to pick up a Big Mac for someone.

Would you please Explain a bit how the whole employment thing works? 
and
How would someone new to the company not be crowded out, by the more experienced & already established employees ?
and
is this even SAFE to do by smaller women?

Patrick46 said:
Pretty interesting story AV.

What part of the country are you in?? (or city?)

I live in a rather small coastal town, and I don't think we even have Uber available here.

Pacific Northwest.

You need a smartphone to do it. Just download the Über Driver app on any smartphone and it will take you through all the steps.

My friend Elliot does this, he also signs up to several of them at once to optimize earnings and locations he can do it in.  I think he said he's making a little more with GrubHub now than Uber cause they give you bonuses for working a block of hours.  He did Amazon flex too for a bit.

Here is a vid he did talking about it

What the OP failed to mention:
 1) Unless you stay busy, you could wind up making well under minimum wage.
 2)The wear and tear on your vehicle will be horrendous.
 3)The OP may get a commission based on his referrals.

Plan on 8 to 12 dollars an hour. If you do better than good on you.
I'm retired, so observations I've made are to protect my kids. I realize people here are looking for the income they can get by driving and that's limiting, but tread carefully and do your homework before jumping in.

Annie W said:
Would you please Explain a bit how the whole employment thing works? 
and
How would someone new to the company not be crowded out, by the more experienced & already established employees ?
and
is this even SAFE to do by smaller women?

Unless you carry the food in one hand and a gun in the other, it is not safe.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from making money, but a little common sense goes a long way.

I've wondered if this effects your insurance if your insurance company finds out about it.

closeanuf said:
I've wondered if this effects your insurance if your insurance company finds out about it.

I drive for Uber and Uber eats. I have a policy that provides additional coverage when my app is turned on with a $500.00 deductible.  Uber has a $1500.00 deductible. I've never worked for minimum wage while driving, but you have to know when and where to work. I've been doing it for over 3 years and have never had a scary incident. The only problem is you have to have a valid drivers license, insurance and car registration to work in your state so that would not be feasible to me since I plan on boondocking fulltime. My car insurance actually went down because I switched companies that offered ride share insurance, but I had Geico who were gouging me. You also will have an extensive background check to do rideshare. I'm not sure about the requirments for Uber Eats.

Companies like to charge what they can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk