You Ain't Right Club

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to take the southern route when I go, was going to take I40 through OKC, but I going to head down to Dallas and take I20 across instead.

Cammalu said:
Holy cow Maki. Stealing stinkin badges certainly makes you not right. I nominate you for a badge for thinking about stealing an awful Stinkin badge!
Not worried about gettin nominated because I have never won an election :D. Besides that I am ungracefully declining your nomination.

Maki
Decline ? Many have tried.
Denied ? All failed.
You're planning on staying at YARCamp ?
OK , that will work out for you..... I'm sure it will...

Do you know who makes those above mentioned badges ???
Pretty sure you'll find out ............

T W O h s,,,,P. O.

Oh , P.S. Thx for the point ,,HDR is WAY ahead of me though ,so I need to catch up....
I'm putting you in charge of maki(ng) that happen.....there,,,that should work

Trying to catch up to high desert is a pointless pursuit. The reward is rarely commensurate with such efforts.

I do deserve at least one point for using a 12 letter word in a sentence.

Maki
Did I ever mention I did 23 shows of The Sound Of Music ???? Yes , I counted rehearsals.....
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious 14 syllables.......

Ungracefully declined.
Spellcheck probably did the heavy work for you....skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh
117 is also too many...

T W O h s,,,,MD.

rvpopeye said:
Maki
Did I ever mention I did 23 shows of The Sound Of Music ???? Yes ,
That explains a lot, you have been severly Dramatized. No way can anyone ever recover from that much exposure to the songs "The Lonely Goatherd" and "Do Re Mi".

Of course now you might have PTSD all day with them running through your head just because I mentioned the. Eeven ear plugs cant help you ...says the evil minded Maki. Much more effective method than water torture in YARC camp where you have to haul your own water.

Bet you didn't expect that huh ? TSOM was only two weeks out of over 20 years.....and it was near the beginning when I worked with the symphony that did the live shows as well as the rehearsals.

Because you mentioned it ? Silly Rabbit !
They play without mention. Just one note can trigger one ,,,but one can be replaced in an instant if I just think the beginning of another. It would be far worse than PTSD if I couldn't.
From the echoes of the amplifiers still ringing in my head...
Don't play name that tune with me ,especially not for money LOL.

I've been a musician my whole life,,,didn't start playing till I was 10 but have music stuck in there since before then.
Even the TV advertising .....TV themes to classical to cartoons , no difference ,,,actually a lot of cartoons had classical music...
Probably thousands of pieces just from pro sound days Figure about 500 a year at 10 a week..Even the duds got played a hundred times !
Those theatre tunes are just a drop in the bucket inside my buckethead. skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh

Now you understand some of why all musicians are automatically in YARC for life.

I grew up with the classics being played on a Steinway grand piano on the other side oof the wall from my bed. My mom did her practing everynight afrter we kids were put into bed.  of course I knew many of them note for note, not that I could pkay them myself. Spent the last 17 years sharing space with an opera nut who insisted on treating me to the live performances of the entire "Ring Cycle" and of course many other operas. My first husband was a musician. my son decided he just had to become a drummer in tne xchool band. What joy...not! Constant beating out rythms on any thing at every opportunity.

I just did backstage sytuff at shcool for set building, costuming and makeup. No interest in being a performer but I am an artist when I feel like working at it.

Catchin up with points. When you figure that popeye, highdesertranger and Maki have been here varying lengths of tome just looking at the total number of points is one way of thinking about them. The other way is thinking about what percentage of tbe total post were given positive rating points.

Popeye 1.06%
HighDesertRanger  2.26%
Maki2 3.2%

Well at least someone, sometimes appreciates me, maybe not for long but at least once in a great while it happens.

They were broke-down in Albuquerque for the Weekend .............the new wiring harness to-be-installed this AM

Q by Tuesday..............Probably ""the RACCOONS ate my wires !""

Darn those little masked bandits they try to steal everything, of course they tried to steal the wiring harness..

I might move to YARC camp afterall. Getting too crowded in this neighborhood.  Likely to get more crowded today and tomorrow with people coming in from California.

Maki we arrived last night. Haven’t stopped to catch our breath yet. Getting vehicles registered, picking up firewood and a hundred other things. We still have got the RV even parked right yet. Hope to be settled in a few days.

I have to take my sis to Vegas soon too

I was out finding the firewood and my sister texted that there were neighbors nearby jumping on a trampoline butt nekkid... sound painful.

So who is this mysterious sister that's not in YARC ?

She just reminded me of "The Man Show" that Kimmel was on before getting his big break.

Younger than me by five years. Drove the car out for us. Will rent a car to get back. Good sis. Ex Navy.

I hope to find time to take her out to the desert

No hurry onggettibg together.  I am busy with stuff that I need to attend to.

Maki, if you are moving to YARC camp just come on and pick a spot. We hope to have a fire tonight but I’m a bit of a go to bed early person. My sis and hubby will stay out much later than me. Give me a call I messaged you my phone number.

When I was coming back to camp yesterday I spotted your gorgeous rig off the left a couple washes over. I’m so jealous. The road here is bumpy once you get past the dump stations but there is a way to get here going through the magic circle that you can get off that crappy road.

We will be setting up a sewing/crafting room here. For some reason our batteries aren’t filling up like they should and we have had to run the generator a few times. Hope to get that sorted out soon.

Just please wear a mask around us as we both have health issues.

Thanks.

Nominator
Did you find out what's up on your solar ?
( maybe that color blind guy hooked up the wires wrong , skuh kuh kuh kuh .
Hopefully it's the same reason as mine
The sun just makes a low arc behind the trees near me.
My solar is a bit anemic too.
169 days till June 1st.....when you should be far away from the sunshine if you can ..............

John went to the roof and cleaned off the panels. Not sure if it helped or not. Sis has flown the coop with her little french bulldog. I took her to Needles yesterday which was a half way point for an old navy buddy of hers to come and pick her up. They will be near Vegas a few days then she will be headed back to KY. She sure didn’t want to go but she has obligations.

I think John and I will head to the dog park to let Sam run off whatever. She appears to be the most active dog in the park. John wants to look for rocks in Bouse as well. I wanted to take the puttputt but it’s a bit far for it so the car it is. I probably should stay and clean up the RV. Now sis is gone there is room to do it. Wait! What am I thinking? Clean the RV? Nahhhhhhh