Womens rtr?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaxtonsgram

Reaction score
Hi:  I have learned so much from everyone on this entire forum but...really appreciate being able to come to the girls room. Don't get me wrong the men on here are great but...I guess at this point in my life I seek more of a "sisterhood". Has anyone here ever thought of a girls only rtr?  Of course I can't  get away until next summer at the earliest but after reading some of the recent posts this idea occurred to me. Sisters on the fly get togethers sound fun but they are expensive. Would there be any interest in just us women getting together?  This was just a thought as I was reading chers comments this morning. Any interest? Thoughts?  And I mean no disrespect to the fine men in this forum but sometimes it would be nice to just have a good old fashioned pajama party. Nora

I think it would be fun, maybe a pre or after party of a bigger RTR since lots of folks will already be gathered?

If you organize it people will come.

I belong to a couple solo sisters groups. they have meet ups all the time.

At the winter RTR there are meet ups for women only

Great idea to have it connected to rtr. I cannot go till  at least next summer so I cannot organize anything. Nora

...I think we need to make sure that if WOMEN can have a special RTR, then it has to be OK for MEN to have their own RTR. Not that they necessisarily would, but that it would be OK if they did!

I don't see any reason to worry about what the men of the forum will/can do or not, that is up to them, and they are perfectly capable of raising any issues they need to without our intervention.

Not that I've been to a RTR.....however I would sure like to attend.  Since it seems that a lot of folks drive a really long way to get there and there is such a good exchange of information and sharing of stories......IMO I don't see why it would be a problem to have  both a "GALS"  only and a "GUYS " only meeting....maybe at the same time?  It seems like with so many attending that anyone who chose not to attend the GUYS or GALS only meetings would be able to keep themselves entertained.   I hope  I haven't offended anyone while stating my opinion     :D   I tried not to sound like I was snapping someones head off while having my say.

TEXAS JBIRD

Well.....
I'd be happy to provide a place to park/camp/boondock for ?? (maybe not enough..) but at least a dozen between my two little places (a block apart).  There is also a state park just outside the entry to neighborhood.
It's pretty nice down here from Oct - March.  Deer all over, birds galore.
I'd say I definitely have room for a 'pow wow', but not 'facilities' to speak of.  

Austin and Houston are 90 min. either way.  Let me know.  I'd be happy to have you.
It IS 35 miles from REAL stores, but within 10 miles there are several burger joint type restrauants, gas/convenience stores, etc.  A Walmart to the north 18 miles.

This sounds fun.

Cher,
Thanks for the offer. I've never been to Texas and would like to spend some time there. What about a place to dump tanks/trash/waste etc. and to fill up on water? I'm prepared to dry camp, but need those types of "end of use" facilities. lol

btw i don't care about gender - you are who you are and that's what counts. I think what Nora means is the need for female vibe, yes?

Oh.. well.. actually.. LOL

I do have a septic/dump (I use a little 'cart' thing from my RV)

and

I have water, but may require a small fee. (they charge the crap out of me out here.., but it depends on how much usage) Like a couple of bucks for a total rv fresh tank fill up? Or maybe nothing, if there are not many here. I dunno.. Hell, I forgot I had water and septic, and offered before I thought of all that.. lol :)

Trash?? mmmm... Again, it depends on numbers.  We have a private, security carded dump.  Since we're not talking more than a little kitchen bag from each RV (right?) I should be able to take 'em up there w/o a problem.  ALL MUST BE BAGGED, however.

Glad you've got me thinking! :)

I'm not planning on using my black tank (ever), but the trash, waste throwaway part and water...is there a place nearby like a truck stop or rv park or maybe the park you spoke of, that has those things for campers and rvers? i don't want to impose on your personal home useage. Just need access to whatever rvers are using in your neck of the woods.

Great idea! I would attend, as long as it's not in the dead heat of summer!

cherterr said:
Austin and Houston are 90 min. either way. 

Generally, I am driving east through TX sometime in March. I'd be game

Yes it is a girls vibe I was speaking of. And although I've never been to an rtr yet they are getting big. I don't do well around a lot of people. I know I can mingle as little or a lot as I want but...wish I could have gone to the first couple of rtrs. Anyhow, who knows in the spring maybe I could go?  Nora

:):)
This is starting to sound really fun. Maybe I should start another thread to help me/us prepare/plan?.
One to ask questions on what would be good/helpful, what to DO once we all get here? lol (I've never been to one of the RTR shindigs, either!:)
Also to further describe what's here. (Not much, but it could certainly work!)
And maybe to plan an 'itinerary'? Or NOT. lol :)
?????? Girls Only RTR - Texas ?????

ggwoman said:
I'm not planning on using my black tank (ever), but the trash, waste throwaway part and water...is there a place nearby like a truck stop or rv park or maybe the park you spoke of, that has those things for campers and rvers?  i don't want to impose on your personal home useage.  Just need access to whatever rvers are using in your neck of the woods.

The state park next door has lots of rv campsites w/full hookups.

When I first wrote my offer, I was only thinking of a few gallons at a time, and/or people who were in vans w/own water/electric supply. (Not limiting to those, just small minded of me, oops)
BUT
I'm sure we can think up something. 
Camping at my place would be free, w/a few gallons of water included and no electric, and a few extra bags of trash shouldn't be a problelm.  (I DO have 4 or five water outlets that could be hosed up to RVs; but anytime I've tried to hook up another rv to electric Something shuts off.  It's very limited.  I have to never use more than 2 high wattage appliances at a time!  Those cold trips to the breaker box got old real fast!!)

HERE IS a link to the park w/some 'reviews' of Birch Creek Park:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/birch-creek-texas-state-park-at-lake-somerville-Somerville

jaxtonsgram said:
... I've never been to an rtr yet they are getting big. I don't do well around a lot of people. I know I can mingle as little or a lot as I want but...wish I could have gone to the first couple of rtrs. ...  Nora

I'm similar Nora. Its why I am hesitant to go to an RTR. I wanted to go to the one in Flagstaff, but I think I will wait till an off weekend when there's just a small gathering of regulars. I wanted to go over when the squad was over in Quartzite but never made it over.

My thoughts: How come a Women's This or a Women's That is just fine, but a Men's Something causes hysteria and rioting?

gcal, I'm not seeing any hysteria. It seems to me that's a 'nother topic. Please feel free to start a new thread, if you must.