Accidently posted in the Women Only/ Forum split from: Relationships started while Traveling Single.....?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keen observation. Does it expose a lean in ones thinking? Possible insight into an otherwise hidden POV ?
I'll have to give that idea some thought. Had to look up POV. Even at my age, education is exciting. Hope I can remember tomorrow. Wrote it down. There was another one, where did I put that paper?

Although I don't post there often, I love that there is a forum for females only. BTW, I have never read anything related to male bashing there. Seems it is more about networking. Or, hair styling=/
I've not been to the "women only" site again. Once burned ya know. Since then I have learned that some women are hiding out from abusive companions, mostly men but still want to socialize. No photographs. I think face to face communication has great value, so carry on.

They are grubby, have hair on their faces and just about everywhere else, yuk, They tend to go hunting, killing animals and call it sport, and drink beer and they smell funny too. I have it on good authority they grunt and burp, how uncouth.

Exactly. Men are infinitely lucky that any women will have us at all. Bleh !!

I know for SURE I would never wanna hook up with one. No way !

Very well stated, Dhuff.
Ken, you remind me of my father, also named Ken … he’s 85 and tries his best in the confusion of today. I’m sure he comes off as a curmudgeon at times, or of rigid thinking, but most of his life was in a very different era than now. Things are kind of all over, even my kids who are in college sometimes are confused about all of it.

People today often talk about acceptance and seeing it from their perspective, being open minded and accepting… but we often fail to provide the same respect back to our elders… those who were raised in a different time. My parents listened to the Shadow on the radio on Sunday evenings, and the papers were of figures and bland information, not the opinionated, polarized and solicitousness of todays endless media.

I applaud you Ken for stepping out into todays world and trying to connect using these new methods of forums and such. You are how you are and I do think while we’ve gained more openness and possibilities today, we lost a bit of the clarity the “old fashioned” brand of thinking brought.

We all want to be respected for who we are and how we are, I can tell you have a good heart and well intended, I can see where you are coming from, and how your life and upbringing and experiences have shaped your thinking. I accept and respect that, not that you need it from me, no one needs to answer to anyone else. We can’t force someone to be something else just because we don’t agree with them or it doesn’t fit into our own belief on how people and society should be, nor should we begrudge or belittle them. That applies to you as well, you are who you are, how you are and believe in what you find is true and makes sense for you.

I hope when I am your age (which isn’t too far off) I have the nerve and zeal for life to continue trying to connect to others through unknown means of communication, into waters that I dont understand and my judge me and my ways as barbaric or stilted. I hope I still have the curiosity and gumption to try and learn more, even if it doesn’t make sense to me. I value your views and opinion and understand that they were formed from a very different time as now, they are valid. I’m not going to try and force you to be molded into the form of what is today’s “right”… just like I wouldn’t force someone to remain in their birth gender.
In todays society, facts are no longer facts, 2 plus 2 is no longer 4. The speed of light is no longer 186 miles per second. We can no longer force that either. All facts have been replaced by opinion and belief, what ever is popular at this moment in time rules?
Even groups and large populations rule their own facts, world wide. The news is full of it or has been anyway. (world trade center bombing and later crashing planes).
It must be a person by person fact that is open and replaced by opinion and belief. that makes it true and a fact?
I'm having a very hard time with all of this. Probably a good thing that the fact that soon I will personally exit the land of the living and leave facts behind to opinion and belief.
Facts are hard little buggers to put in a box and keep out of sight. Maybe paint them a different color, no one will know. shape, size and construction don't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.