Women: I can help and need help/advice

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrypagan

Reaction score
Now for the reason why I'm here.   I'm so glad I found this place.     This is a shot in the in dark but good things come to those who ask.   so here goes. 

I'm widowed and with brain injuries, I've not been able to take very good care of things since my husband died in late 2010.  I have a older b class rig I can donate to someone in need in exchange for assistance that I need to be able to travel in my van.  I need a life coach mentor handy intelligent type person whom I don't have to myself educate about head injuries ....    I would prefer to speak with you if this seems like a good fit.   I shouldn't need to get more personal then this.   I'm on the east coast.    I'd prefer help from an older mature women who has been there and done that.    I have read here today till my head hurts.  grin.

countrypagan said:
  so here goes a little more.     I'm low energy.  Its from head injury.   I can do dailies but only in spurts and bouts before I need to chill out disengage.   It's not enough energy to run this camp.  I'm camped by the ocean in nc.    I want to be ready to travel by the time I get done with my dental appt.  getting dentures.   I can't pay money for what it's worth but i can offer a place to stay while you help me get it together.   I'm staying in a campground with my little dog.   I feel like I'm asking the cosmos for too much this time. 

its aggravating to see how someone communicates.  I communicate in sections because it's just about the only way I can ....   I am a medical case but I can drive and sleep in my van.   I slept in it for 7 years with no bunk or anything.  When husband died (my carer) our lease was up at the same time.   I didn't know what to do so I laid down in the back of my van to sleep and thats what I did till i came here and have camped for over a year.  I do not know how I did it for so long alone and sometimes scared and alone.    I know I'm not the only one who's experienced desperation.   .

countrypagan said:
its aggravating to see how someone communicates.  I communicate in sections because it's just about the only way I can .... 

I love where I'm camped.  its beautiful here.   its a tourist community/town ....    the camp future is uncertain.  we could be asked to leave with little notice.   the elder owner has no future for this park once he's gone that we are aware of.   Once this place goes away,  I'm not going to want to be here and I won't pursue relocating.  I might as well make my plans now.   Although Im under no time constraints at the moment I'm very much interested to learn what direction this all leads me in....     future feels uncertain at the moment.    ok,  i think that about covers it.   and thank you for taking time to read.  

Having brain injuries is very difficult; I applaud you for reaching out to the community. We all need a village :)

I think maybe being more specific about what you need might be helpful for others viewing your post. 
It sounds like you have a Class B and a Van and need either personal support or help running a camp--are you a host?

More details might be helpful.
Sending you healing energy from the west,
kelly

There are other brain injured women on the forum. They travel with the caravans and that way have more than one person to rely on plus lots of experienced people to draw knowledge from.

Welcome! This can be a healing lifestyle and is for many of us.We have a few members that deal with TBI. So, we have some experience. Please remind us if we need it and don't be shy about it. One if our members put a reminder in her signature.

I hope you can find help. A place to park in a nice area could be attractive to some. Me, for one, if I was traveling right now. Although, I'm a bit of a gimp (understatement) so I'd be of very little help!