With the upcoming RTR, identify yourself

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theadyn

Reaction score
*not for the timid!!*  lol

I know most on here are private.  I am, myself. 

But with so many headed to the RTR, I thought it might be nice to put names and faces to be able to (sort of) get to know people ahead of time.   Bob is pretty easy to pick out, thanks to videos and pictures on here, along with some other youtubers.  And I've met Tony and Karen in real life.  But other than that, won't know anyone else. 

Why not post it? 

Here goes...

Hi, I'm Theadyn on here, but my real name is Pamela (or Pam, or Pammy to my friends..  just don't call me that 'B' word, although I may answer to that, too, haha!!)

This is me with my daughter at her wedding in September, so it's fairly recent.

[img=267x208]http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums...0_4341804924271080675_n_zpsswynq7iw.jpg[/img]

And this is Van Halen:

[img=359x243]http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag262/pamelaboatright/20150221_172753_zpsz4h2uasw.jpg[/img] 
(although now she's sporting a hula girl decal near the back on both sides :cool: )

Short of everyone wearing name tags, wasn't sure how else to get to know people ahead of time.  If you recognize me, come up and say 'Hi'.  :D

POST IF YOU DARE!!  :)

Hello Pamela. My name is Adrian and I think it's a great idea (name tags are cool). Are you on the left or right? Wagoneer comes from my always buying vehicles I can live in. Even though I have been in San Francisco for the last 60 years am way over it. Sorta like the old covered wagon mentality. This will be my 3rd RTR and being fairly outgoing always enjoyed the comradely aspects. Started going to Quartzite back in the day when it was an easy place to be. Looking forward to meeting everyone, I do hope others chime in.  Me and my two boys in the midwest

GotSmart said:
Hello again everyone, Pamela, Adrian... My name is John.  I was at the last RTR for a few days, until I blew my engine in Blythe.  I will be escaping my kids again at New Years, and should make opening day of RTR.  I am a Napa Valley native that Got Smart and got out ahead of the developers.  :mad:

I am the short guy holding Tigger, my traveling companion who eats dogs.  :s

Attachments

• jp photos 301.jpg
    jp photos 301.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 72
Hi, I'm Beth!

No recent picture of me because I like to be behind the camera, not in front. Actually, there are very few pictures of me through the years!

I'm very blonde, with messy past the shoulder length hair and need to do more exercise... :rolleyes: ...that's the best description you're going to get of me.

My van is unmistakable though:

Pretty Girl 5.jpg

Attachments

• Pretty Girl 5.jpg
    Pretty Girl 5.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 39
I also have no recent photos but my Tiger is identifiable. And my name is Pat.

We are Gregg & Carrie.  We should have just started living on the road by the start of RTR.  Two more days of work and I am RETIRED......  :cool:

DSC_5790-X2.jpg
P1000490-XL.jpg

We will be traveling in this
DSCN1298.JPG

And will be accompanied by our two beasts
DSC_5786 (1)-X2.jpg
DSC_5788-X2.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_5790-X2.jpg
    DSC_5790-X2.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 30
  • P1000490-XL.jpg
    P1000490-XL.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 601
  • DSCN1298.JPG
    DSCN1298.JPG
    383.1 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_5786 (1)-X2.jpg
    DSC_5786 (1)-X2.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_5788-X2.jpg
    DSC_5788-X2.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 27
Theadyn said:
POST IF YOU DARE!!  :)

Hi Everyone! I am doing my best to get my house sold and make it to RTR! I think this post is a great idea, especially for newbies like me who will appreciate seeing a familiar face when we get there.

I hope more people post pics so I can find you and say hi. Or find me! I never meet a stranger so don't be shy. Who knows what I will look like after a 2500 mile drive?? Most likely hair up in a bun and looking like a bag lady lol  Anyway, here are some random pics of me (hope they work). I am still van shopping so will post van pic when I get it. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Oh! My name is Dana :)

RE: Pamela....I am looking at something like your van. I have to have windows. Are you happy with your choice overall? Thanks.

Me being silly in an EMT class
View attachment 5200

Me with my niece
View attachment 5205

Me with my grandson
View attachment 5199

Gee with all these hotties showing up I wish I was going, can you guys include some pics of your tattoos please,  :)

Is that directed at the guys or the girls flying kurbmaster? :huh:  j/k

Sorry, I have no tattoos...YET. I would like to get one though. This is the one I want....
View attachment 5206

it was mostly directed at everyone but what I was hopping  that someone sends in a compromising shot :)

flying kurbmaster said:
Gee with all these hotties showing up I wish I was going, can you guys include some pics of your tattoos please,  :)

You have not identified yourself!  A stranger asking to see my "tats"?   :blush: (Just scars, no tats.  :p

Needles scare me ever since the onset of AIDS in the 70's   :(  

It is nice to see some of the faces behind the avitars.

Gregg...

What's up with that Waco???

Is that YOUR'S?????

attachment.php

Gad....what a gorgeous piece of machinery!!!!! :p

Well now, if it's in the name of the public good and all...

Many of you know my van but not my face. Here're the two together:

MhqZ7D9.jpg

And here's me looking all damned professional:

XXgggzK.jpg

Looking forward to meeting some faces at the RTR.

uploadfromtaptalk1448071529128.jpgLora and Scott building our tiny house.uploadfromtaptalk1448071697269.jpgOur boys helping thier mom. That's our snowbird rig in the background.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1448071529128.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1448071529128.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • uploadfromtaptalk1448071697269.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1448071697269.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 41
flying kurbmaster said:

SaltySeaWitch said:
Is that directed at the guys or the girls flying kurbmaster? :huh:  j/k

I think he was talking about GotSmart and Sasquatch. :huh:

TMG51 said:
flying kurbmaster Wrote: said:
Gee with all these hotties showing up I wish I was going, can you guys include some pics of your tattoos please,  
smile.gif

(7 hours ago)SaltySeaWitch Wrote: said:
Is that directed at the guys or the girls flying kurbmaster? 
huh.gif
  j/k

I think he was talking about GotSmart and Sasquatch.  :huh:

I sure hope not!  :s

My name is Doug. My son Ben will probably be with me again before he heads south on his XR250. He's hoping to make Panama!

DSCN1522.JPG
We'll be camping in this - actually has way more snow on it now so we're looking forward to the warm weather in Q.

DSCN1535.JPG
This guy will be joining us too.

Attachments

• DSCN1522.JPG
    DSCN1522.JPG
    260.5 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN1535.JPG
    DSCN1535.JPG
    279.8 KB · Views: 27
hi my name is scout I am the cute one

IMG_0042 - Copy.JPG

the ugly guy driving is Mike AKA highdesertranger