Wind deflector

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kudos to you; you've got a great story. And my skill set grows all the time, but not necessarily in this direction (lots of interior house renovations, though!) But like you, I'm on the down side to 70, and was never what might be called mechanically adept; my livelihood was more along cerebral lines. Still, I keep plugging, and asking for advice and ideas, because somebody, somewhere, has had the same problem. I wish I knew some old guys who know stuff that I could ask! Your input is valuable because of your background in aircraft fabrication - maybe I could get a fiberglass nose from a light plane???? :D
There is likely not going to be a structurally sound solution that is both cheap and easy to fabricate that will hold up to a hurricane force wind when traveling down the interstate.

Or you could consider growing your skill set. There was a time when I did not know how to do any fiberglass work but the time came I needed to do some so I talked to some pros, got advice, did a lot of reading and research. Learned about the materials and methods and just got going on it. No one was going to do it for me and I could not afford to hire it out. But I have always been a brave little camper and up for some new experiences and adventures. I ran away from home to Alaska when I was still a female teenager of the tender age of 19. In my late twenties I took a job as an aircraft fabricator with no prior experience or training at it but I had a child to support.
I took on a full renovation of a derelict 50 year old fiberglass travel trailer at the age of 69 as a solo female with only occasional help from a couple of guys around the age of 80! So what if something sees a bit daunting, gaining new skills always feels that way, you just push yourself and learn new skills as you need them.