What's your favorite zombie movie/show?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XERTYX

Reaction score
The original B/W version of night of the living dead I guess. That movie gave me situational awareness in case of zombie attack. Haha.

Sorry, can't stand em. 

Currently reading a feel good book about farmers.
-crofter

My brother hates zombie anything.

I like em. It's a fun sci fi distraction.

I outgrew zombies and vampires a long time ago. Used to be my favorite thing when I was 12 or so.

XERTYX said:
The original B/W version of night of the living dead I guess. That movie gave me situational awareness in case of zombie attack. Haha.

"Send more cops!"

Not really my thing either,...though I stumbled across a picture of Melissa Mcbride in some search once and decided to watch the show (whatever one she was in) a bit to see more of the cool grey haired zombie slaying warrior woman. I got my fill quickly, shes pretty cool, the shows are still not really my area of interest.

Aaah! Zombies!! is kinda funny. Different take from typical zombie movies.

I enjoyed Zombieland with Woody Harrelson, (the Zombie Bill Murray) Sean of the Dead, and Peter Jackson's early film "Dead Alive" is way over the top. As you can see, an absurd or humorous angle usually works better with that subject for me. Although the original George Romero "Night of the Living Dead" is something I quite enjoyed.

PeterPiper said:
"Send more cops!"
Ah! Another fave of mine. Return of the living dead. Fun fact, the producers tried to get George Romero to direct but he didnt take the meeting. Then after it came out he sued them. The judge ruled he didnt own the phrase "of the living dead".
Malamute said:
Not really my thing either,...though I stumbled across a picture of Melissa Mcbride in some search once and decided to watch the show (whatever one she was in) a bit to see more of the cool grey haired zombie slaying warrior woman. I got my fill quickly, shes pretty cool, the shows are still not really my area of interest.
Carol in the walking dead. I like the show. Carol is probably one of my favorite characters. Its interesting because in the beginning of the series shes very shy and in a toxic relationship with her abusive husband. She later became a self reliant one woman army.
GoingMobile said:
I enjoyed Zombieland with Woody Harrelson, (the Zombie Bill Murray) Sean of the Dead, and Peter Jackson's early film "Dead Alive" is way over the top. As you can see, an absurd or humorous angle usually works better with that subject for me. Although the original George Romero "Night of the Living Dead" is something I quite enjoyed.
I havent seen dead alive, but the other ones are great. Another fun fact. Woody Harrelson is a vegan. When he FINALLY got a twinkie in the post apocalyptic world it was actually made specially for him from corn meal.

Scott3569 said:
The waling Dead, and in my opinion it's educational :) lmao
Of course its educational. Season 1 you learn how to cauterize an arterial amputation using sterno fuel.

XD

Zombies are so campy. I love them so. They can be funny, or *tongue in cheek* VERY SERIOUS.

I like the gun battles in TWD. Like this 7 nation (ish) army battle royale. It's not all zombies. Theres lots of cool pissing contests as well.

I don't know if this counts but Young Frankenstein and the original Frankenstein. Other than that I don't think I have seen a zombie flick. Highdesertranger

I'm not a huge fan of the genre but Redneck Zombies would have to be my favorite. Mostly due to its low budget and overall cheeziness.

Were those Zombies in "I am Legend"? They couldn't survive in the sun so Vampires maybe? Definitely on the Mutant spectrum though.

Pretty good movie but the fake deer was a low point.

Guy

How about a Steampunk Zombie Western book?  Bodacious Creed. Look it up on Amazon. Jonathan Fesmire is releasing the second book this July, and the 3rd around Christmas. Set on the 1876 West Coast.

While not primarily zombie oriented, the Monster Hunter International books by Larry Correia are pretty good escapist action reading. His gun scenes and info is correct and well done, and his action stuff is fun. About halfway through the first book I kept thinking "Gads! This HAS to slow down some time so people can catch their breathe just reading it"...Well, no, they dont have to, it hardly slows for more then a few minutes. Its a broad world of legendary creatures, monsters, and those that hunt them. Good fun.

Some free sample chapters and short stories for anyone looking for a change of pace.

https://monsterhunternation.com/online-fiction/

GoingMobile said:
I liked Zombieland as well. The Ghost Busters parts were the best I thought.

We have horror movies on 18 hours a day as background noise. The classic for sure are good. Some of the new ones are fun: Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, Resident Evil, Open Grave, Patient Zero, WWZ, Dead Rising, Contracted, 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later both pretty damn good,

While not specifically "zombie" movies, two of my favorites are He Never Died and the sister movie She Never Died. If you have any interest and\or knowledge of mythical stories as they relate to religion, the symbolism in each is cool, the acting\casting is damn good, and a lovely mix of gore, humor, and introspection. After watching Henry Rollins in the first one, I thought I was going to hate the second one. Nope. It was different enough to feel new, but kept the spirit of the original.