What's the neatest job you've had the opportunity to do because you live a mobile lif

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I guess this could be classified as a job.

I spent one summer up in Bangor Maine, parked at a construction site at night and getting paid $1k a month to do it.

I get paid to do crafts and play games with kids. At my last workamping job, I was the doggy day care attendant. Made money petting dogs and chatting with other dog owners.

Babysitting a 3 year old boy. I love seeing the world thru a kids eyes. Plus I'm easily entertained by the same things he liked. Watching surfers, petting random dogs, hanging out at McDs, playing in the water features, going to children's museums, etc. The pay isn't great but the job is. I've babysat him at least a dozen times. It is an honor to be entrusted with his care.

the one I have now.....
I make wood signs going from campground to campground.....most of the time I get full hook-ups and plenty of customers and never have to leave outside my campsite!!!

When I lived in Denver, there was a Doggy Daycare about three block from me. I rented a space in "some guy's" backyard. I got to live in a city with very little available rentals (most of which were over $1000/mo) for only $300, plus the guy reduced the rent a few times in exchange for doing odd jobs for him!

Back to the Doggy Daycare, I walked by it a few times as it was between me and some restaurants. I came up one day and asked if they need volunteers. They said no, but they might be hiring. I left my name and number and the next day the owner called me and scheduled an interview. I was hired on the spot! It was only $7.75/hr but I could walk to work in seven minutes, got to take my dog with me and got to hang out with dogs and listen to podcasts all day.

We liked camp hosting a lot. Its a shame we didn't get a better park owner for our first experience, but not going to let an old bitch spoil it for us in the future.
We would definitely try it again if the opportunity presents itself in an area we wanna be.

We considered oilfield gate guarding, but didn't want to get stuck with 24/7 duty. The money is usually very good tho.

Temp job at a car auction on tuesdays. Drive and see tons of cool cars that i never could afford :)

I'm really enjoying the McDonald's job.

Shortly after I got hired, I deliberately let the word slip that at the end of the summer I'm moving several counties away. They are giving me easy shifts, not making me learn all the stations (like most people). The work is brisk but fun. The best part is that most everyone is accepting of the vandwelling (on a farm) lifestyle. Most think it's pretty cool... (mainly the younger folks). When everyone is working for poverty wages, it's easier to be open-minded!

right on willy. I am headed out in a couple weeks. not going to Alaska this time only Nevada. may all your pans be golden. highdesertranger

Willy said:
Gold mining up in the Alaskan arctic. ..Willy.

I'm headed there sooner or later. I hooked up with an old prospector who's teaching me how to repair my motorhome and such. Still don't know jack about either lol.

Two jobs available that I didn't take but would have but for static lifestyle based on mortgage and outstanding debt:

Asst. Beekeeper. Traveling pollinator. Show up at a farmer's field with bees for a couple of weeks, move along.

Cornea harvestor. Cutting corneas off eyes of dead organ donors, As a former meatcutter, no big deal...

Currently anticipating itinerant bike mechanic work essentially based on vandwelling life.

mconlonx said:
Cornea harvestor. Cutting corneas off eyes of dead organ donors,

well now....that's a new one to me!! Quite an interesting way to make a dollar!

How does one find such a position, and is there any money at this???

I'm am engineer and fireman for a steam train. I didn't get that job because I was mobile, instead I was able to keep the job because I decided to go mobile...

Does that count?

100_0711.JPG100_0716.JPG100_0714.JPG100_0714.JPG Im loving this year!!!!....I travel from Campground to campground...Get free stays and make my living making signs for RVers!!!!............What a Life!!!!

Attachments

• 100_0714.JPG
    100_0714.JPG
    585.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_0716.JPG
    100_0716.JPG
    594 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_0711.JPG
    100_0711.JPG
    437.9 KB · Views: 33
steamjam what line are you working? steam engines are cool. lucky mike neat signs, did you router those? highdesertranger

there done with a router and hand chisel.....I cut the big one out start 2 finish in 2 hours and get 350 for it

Latest posts