Speakers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fork King

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So... I am a big music nut mostly classic rock and 80's metal. But still love Opera, Jimmy Buffett, Italian music. Country music.

I had the Amazon studio speakers with the extra bass speaker for years now and they still sound amazing. They do draw a bit of power but until they die I will not upgrade.

Just curious of any other nomads that are audiophiles out there what speaker system are you using to enjoy your favorite music?

Only for the van 2nd story party deck:
JL Audio RD 400/4 blowin up the
Main with outdoor polk atrium 6’s …….

don’t fuk with the old man rockin the van
ain’t sayin; jus sayin
jonny boi

Last edited:
PLEASE...................The Sound of Silence
Like Simon and Garfunckel or library silence? I'm only joking 🙃..

I respect both. I need my quiet time too.

I played drums in a rock band for many years. We did lots of local gigs in NJ and PA area in the 90's.

Last edited:
Like Simon and Garfunckel or library silence? I'm only joking 🙃..

I respect both. I need my quiet time too.

I played drums in a rock band for many years. We did lots of local gigs in NJ and PA area in the 90's.
IMG_0899.png
Wish I knew something about music……..😂
It’s Jake Owens’ & Randy Newman’s fault.

Shhh!! I get enuf publicity…..
(and now bullfrog knows Y those beach babes love me)😂😂😂🤙
INTJohn

I can barely play the radio but I like classic rock, folk & Irish music, some country, zydeco.
Janis Joplin never got to hear this on the radio, took it from Kris Kristofferson while he was in Europe. Bobby was a woman. Otis Redding never heard Dock of the Bay played before his death also. SAD

Those Atrium 6 speakers are everything I wanted in a vehicle speaker……… great sound and decent bass for what they are -an outdoor speaker 🔈. Easy to take in & out; Set em up on top of the roof rack deck with my chair and I’m good to go.

I thought at first about getting the Atrium 5’s; they're smaller and in a vehicle space is premium.
The 5’s were 300$ I think and the 6’s were 400$ at that time. Then Crutchfield put a sale price of 350$ on the 6’s and jonny boi ordered immediately. You can buy them now for 300$.

jonny boi gotta have my tunes 🎵 🎶

View attachment 35585
Wish I knew something about music……..😂
It’s Jake Owens’ & Randy Newman’s fault.

Shhh!! I get enuf publicity…..
(and now bullfrog knows Y those beach babes love me)😂😂😂🤙
INTJohn
And here I thought you got a white van just to put a “FREE CANDY” sign on and all the time it was just a good sounding play list! Lol !!!

So... I am a big music nut mostly classic rock and 80's metal. But still love Opera, Jimmy Buffett, Italian music. Country music.

I had the Amazon studio speakers with the extra bass speaker for years now and they still sound amazing. They do draw a bit of power but until they die I will not upgrade.

Just curious of any other nomads that are audiophiles out there what speaker system are you using to enjoy your favorite music?
There's a guy on Youtube with the channel name "Cheapaudioman" you might find useful. https://www.youtube.com/@cheapaudioman